How to Avoid the Faithless Spirit of most here-

by DocHouse 104 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Ismael, only one God can be seen in history (tiny Israel, Empires like Babylon falling as His prophets predicted- and a TRUE Sacred Text that actually makes SENSE!).

The rest are statues prayed and sacrificed to....

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I mean, come on..how can anyone rationally believe in all those old ancient stories of bizarro miracles written thousands of years ago by ancient superstitious, unscientific people. What seems more reasonable - to believe those miracles actually happened, or that some Jewish priests and scribes made up a few scary stories to frighten everyone into behaving? They believed it was for the people's own good. It's called 'pious fraud'.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"Ismael, only one God can be seen in history (tiny Israel, Empires like Babylon falling as His prophets predicted- and a TRUE Sacred Text that actually makes SENSE!)." -

Ok, so the "real" deity is YHWH(s)/Yahweh(s) from the Abrahamic religions originating from the traditions of Iron Age proto-Judaism, good to know. The Flying Spaghetti Monster, and every other deity from A to Z (and 0-9, !, ", #, $ or any other character), are imaginary.

Can you disprove my previous post? Or you are not willing to follow your own advise?

Ismael

• Perry
    Perry

When I left the WT I told my Presiding Overseer brother that I was going this ALONE with only God having my back. I told him I was rowing my own boat from here on out and God could be the rudder.

Jesus has not let me down, once I put him fully in charge of my life. It did take a while before I figured out that Jesus was the one that I needed to do business with. Once I got that straight, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING fell into place for me in many different ways.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

That's lovely for you Perry, but it sounds rather vague. May I ask exactly how did Jesus sort your life out and in what specific ways? And how are you so absolutely sure it was personally Jesus who made everything fall into place for you?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hey DocHouse, I gave you a specific response, that drew from the Hebrew Scriptures countless events...

You are obviously unable to excuse the violent so called events as recorded in the bible....

So in reality, it seems that you don't see any error or problem with such disgusting acts?

Then sir, you are just as guilty as those that committed those crimes "in the name of Jehovah"

• jam
    jam

Perry: What if God was using Muslims by way of Mohammed

instead of Jesus. Jews were God's chosen people at one time,

then Christianity and now who knows. He may have decided to

go with the religion of Islam and Mohammed.

You know God can be very erratic at times..

• Stirred
    Stirred

I sure am trying....in my opinion.....

but in this stressful world with sooooo many sects, faiths, religions, philosophies.....most of us should be given a "pass" just for surviving this mess without losing our sanity and trying to do the best we can to "play nice."

BTW, I personally don't think someone who calls others "clowns" for stating a different opinion to yours is "playing nice." You are coming off as antagonistic. Other threads have examples that are hard to swallow in the Bible.

I'd be interested in your explanation of Numbers 31. I hate reading that account.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

but in this stressful world with sooooo many sects, faiths, religions, philosophies.....most of us should be given a "pass" just for surviving this mess without losing our sanity and trying to do the best we can to "play nice."

Certainly if we can cut each other and ourselves slack, then a god could, too. Hopefully God would be as aware of these factors as you or I am. If I am intelligent enough to see there are extenuating circumstances to everyone's unique story, then we hope that God is, too. I'm a theist, but I know that the god portrayed in the Bible is at worst a monster bully, a cretin and an abusive parent. At best he's alienated a lot of people with his inconsistent, split personality. You might find it helpful to look into the concept of universalism. If you need some ideas of good things to read on it, PM me.

• clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit