Outrageous propaganda. "Treat your disfellowshipped loved ones like they're dead, but without mourning them." NOV 2014 study Watchtower

by Watchtower-Free 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I think DB is right, it was a canard that started on the forum that someone was supposedly saying in a RC talk that JWs could associate with DFed relatives. I didn't hear that, and it doesn't make as much sense as alternative interpretations like DB's.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

In a sense, it is a good thing that they feel compelled to continually print this dreck, virtually every month now.

It indicates that they continue to receive reports that many many MANY JWs are completely and utterly ignoring the "loving counsel" to shun their own families.

This.

With the 100th anniversary of their mythological invisible parousia and inactive reign over nothing nonsense rapidly drawing to a close, the Watchtower cult mind-control leaders are running scared as hell. More and more JW's have had a gutsful and are ignoring the sick anti-family bullshit and doing whatever they want. The organisation is haemorraghing badly and it's going to get much worse from 2015 onward.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm thinkin that the GB stand on disfellowshippped family members might be a death wish. I mean sooner or latter they are going to piss off some parent or some son or daughter that they might wind up getting them shot. Not to mention their forbiding blood and the tremendous loss of life in which this has resulted increases the odds that some day someone is gonna be gunning for them.

• metatron
    metatron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvVEr7xtqf0

Somehow, this seems to capture the intellectual tone of such Watchtower articles.

metatron

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

The pioneers, elders and zealous worker bees don't want to allow people to stay home from FS because of being sad and depressed over having to shun their wayward relations. They don't want to LISTEN to all your sad grieving! They pile on the pressure and controlling guilt producing tactics. You feel so awful, your daughter has been disfellowshipped and you can't talk to her now. You start crying every little while, blowing your nose til it's raw, you have a headache, you can't sleep at night for worrying how she is, and if she's safe or what. The last thing you want to think about it getting a dress on and confronting those dog faces at the FS group.

9:20 a.m., the phone rings, it's Sister Elderette, you need to get out in FS and stop obsessing over your lost child. We'll be right over to pick you up so get ready. You say, NO, I can't, I'm sorry, I'll see you tomorrow at the Thursday night meeting.

10:00 a.m., somebody is banging on the door...

Marina

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well at least my Daughter, my grandchildre, & great grandchildren are obeying the old men at Brooklyn NONE speak to me. WHY????

Cos I didnt see Jesus come invisably in 1914

Mouthy Grace Gough

http://exjw.weebly.com

• jam
    jam

I would love to see GB members someone close

to them get DF, but then again it may not bother them.

A Circuit overseerer I knew well, two of his three adult children

were DF. He was just as cold hearted with them as he was with

the RF in the circuit. His wife a different story, I'm sure this

caused her a early death. A very nice lady....

• Spectre
    Spectre

(probably already been said)

I think this is a good thing. Every time someone goes to court and they say, "why no, we don't shun anyone." Articles like this can be brought out and the opposing council can say, "please explain."

• Listener
    Listener

This is what Wikapedia says about mourning in relation to Nedab and Abihu

Mourning [ edit ]

Aaron and the other surviving priests were commanded not to mourn, participate in mourning rituals, or have contact with the dead. This was applicable not only in this case; but it was modified in an ongoing command. While priests could mourn, they could not have contact with the dead - even a dead spouse, parent or child - and they could not participate in public mourning rituals. [ 17 ] As the representatives of the people, priests were to avoid anything that might disqualify them for God’s service. [ 18 ] They were to remain ready and able to act in God's service whenever the community needed them.

The command not to mourn also applied because the crime of Nadab and Abihu was so provoking to God and fully merited the punishment which God had inflicted. To mourn in this case could be seen by the people as accusing God of undue severity. [ 19 ] Both the people and the priests needed to show submission to a righteous judgement. [ 20 ] If the anointed priests were to sin in this manner, the blame would fall not only upon them but also upon the people. [ 21 ] In addition, all Jews are prohibited from mourning on the Sabbath and during Festivals of the Lord. These are days for celebration, no sorrow is permitted to impinge upon the joy of the days.

However, the people in the community as a whole were allowed to mourn and display grief. The death of Nadab and Abihu was tragic yet deserved, [ 22 ] and the people were to first recognize that it was deserved and then mourn their death.

So it wa only the priests that were instructed not to mourn. The principle here was that the priests had to demonstrate that they accepted God's decision in the matter. The point is that it wasn't the Priests that issued judgement, it was God and they had to accept this. There is no similarities between this and their current day difellowshipping. It is the elders that issue judgement, not God.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

This magazine has a lot of harsh cult stuff in it and I hope this will wake up some of the JW's. I can hardly look at the basement picture and the info they are spewing is terrible. The poor children that hear or read this is so unfair to them, it is actually abusive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit