Outrageous propaganda. "Treat your disfellowshipped loved ones like they're dead, but without mourning them." NOV 2014 study Watchtower

by Watchtower-Free 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

So how does this jibe with what some reported here about this summer's DCs, where it was stated from the platform that JWs may associate with DF relatives "discreetly"?

Is this a major WT contradiction between what's in print and what's spoken?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

2 Timothy 3:1-5 - But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Why do they need to continually fan the flames of hate towards your own family members?

Because sooo many JDubs are ignoring this counsel and enjoying the company of their children (and grandchildren) despite the fact that their kids left The Truth(TM). I really believe that many have woke up to the fact that Armageddon hasn't come yet and as they age they worry about their future. Since they didn't concentrate on building a retirement fund, all they have are their children to depend on, even if those children faded or DA or were DFd.

More and more frequently I hear of people who feel their children left or were DFd as the result of some injustice in the Org or by the BOE/JC. We all know of situations like that. Any thinking JDub is simply not going to follow the Party Line without question anymore. Thus we have the constant drumbeat of OBEY OBEY and OBEY.

Doc

• millie210
    millie210

Nor to mention that disfellowshipped young people have not been judged from heaven.

Instead,

they are "judged" by 3 men with their own agenda, as evidenced by the fact that one may be disfellowshipped for something another (usually an elders kid) wont be even counseled for.

They wouldnt have to make such extreme examples if the compliance was good (that is the good news here).

• sir82
    sir82

In a sense, it is a good thing that they feel compelled to continually print this dreck, virtually every month now.

It indicates that they continue to receive reports that many many MANY JWs are completely and utterly ignoring the "loving counsel" to shun their own families.

• Londo111
    Londo111

This is the most cultic magazine I've seen in a while. They really poured it on.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Our CO said that if you continue to associate with DF'd relatives..YOU WOULD BE DF'd too!!! This was from stage at the DC!! I wonder what he would say if I told him he contradicted the FDS's direction in the Shepherd book??? Oh, wait!!

LET'S REVIEW: IT'S A FRACKING CULT!!!

DD

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

1 Corinthians 5:11-13 New International Version (NIV)

11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister [a] but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

1 Cor. 5: 11 - where is the phrase here that makes a person associating with disfellowshipped ones unholy?

Likewise, Aaron's case is far from the experience of 1st Century Christians. The circumstances are different, the context is different. Why bridge both stories to prove a point against disfellowshipped members?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sir82 - "In a sense, it is a good thing that they feel compelled to continually print this dreck, virtually every month now. It indicates that they continue to receive reports that many many MANY JWs are completely and utterly ignoring the 'loving counsel' to shun their own families."

Bingo.

Just like all those "local needs" talks they'd feel compelled to give about fornication because the vast majority of JW teenagers were f**king like rabbits.

x

The shriller and more desperate-sounding authoritarian leaders sound, the more reassured you can be that their regime is spiraling out of control.

The WTS is entering the "nightmare" stage of the Wishful Thinking process (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wishful_thinking).

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Our CO said that if you continue to associate with DF'd relatives..YOU WOULD BE DF'd too!!! This was from stage at the DC!! I wonder what he would say if I told him he contradicted the FDS's direction in the Shepherd book??? Oh, wait!!

LET'S REVIEW: IT'S A FRACKING CULT!!!

DD

Once upon a time in the land of jw make-believe, associating with df'd ones WAS a df'ing event. Then they flipped to It's Okay But Only For Family Business. Then they flopped to Just Be Discreet About It. Maybe they're getting ready to flip-flop yet again.

It IS one of their trademarks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit