Outrageous propaganda. "Treat your disfellowshipped loved ones like they're dead, but without mourning them." NOV 2014 study Watchtower

by Watchtower-Free 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dutchdelight
    Dutchdelight

Galatians 3:10 10 All those who depend on works of law are under a curse, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not remain in all the things written in the scroll of the Law by doing them.”

Galatian 3:24,25 So the Law became our guardian leading to Christ, so that we might be declared righteous through faith. But now that the faith has arrived, we are no longer under a guardian.

• Gayle
    Gayle

They are setting up their organization of elderly , lonely and depressed.

• sir82
    sir82

They are setting up their organization of elderly , lonely and depressed.

The cynical among us would say, "Exactly what they want - old people who shun their children and have written them out of their wills, depressed so they'll die sooner...now who might they leave their assets to upon their death????"

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I never experienced this because both my parents passed prior to my learning TTATT. That given, I cannot imagine my parents abandoning me. I doubt the would - At least that is what I hope.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

sure sign of cult verging on disintegration. ...'redoubling their efforts when they've forgotten their aims'..fanatical..what a horrid magazine.

• BU2B
    BU2B

I dont even have any words left to say. I am crying inside. My wifes sister and best friend are both DF. She shuns them faithfully and is angry AT THEM! She blames the victim and thinks she is the victim. On the other hand she is trying to guilt her 19 year old brother into baptism every time she sees him.

• BU2B
    BU2B

This magazine is like heavy artillery firebombing. Propaganda is a form of warfare. Information warfare. If the WT of the past was an occasional bombing raid or strike, this entire magazine is the firebombing of Dresden. Any visitor to the KH when this is studied, if they had a brain would run out after seeing this. This is like the rotten fish and frogs coming from the mouth described in revelation.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Just a point of clarification about what was said at this year's RC/DC/IC/whatever the hell they want to call it! I was specifically listening for that part and what was said was that you should deal discreetly with unbelieving relatives and the speaker added NOT disfellowshipped. And by discreetly he meant to try not to act too much like you're in a cult but seem reasonable. Then they had a skit where a JW son who lived with his mother handled a request that would have involved him missing a meeting both the "right" way (arrange for another time to take his mom where she needed to go) or the "wrong" way (launching into a cult like speech about not forsaking the gathering together which of course promoted an argument).

They in no way (at least at the Landover cultfest) say that you could associated with DF/DA relatives. Several times they mentioned things along the lines of what the newest WT said.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

DB - That's odd, I'm pretty sure that I remember him saying that you could associate with DFd family discretely, but my recolection might have been influenced by this forum, since I'd already read someone else say that before I heard it.

Either way, they're certainly not writing a WT article based on that outline.

• blondie
    blondie

Recently the WTS has said that jws hide behind the phrase "necessary family business"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit