Outrageous propaganda. "Treat your disfellowshipped loved ones like they're dead, but without mourning them." NOV 2014 study Watchtower

by Watchtower-Free 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

FACTION BEFORE BLOOD!!!

DD

• Purza
    Purza

I always know when the cult speaks as I don't hear from my mother. I used to receive generic emails, but even those have stopped. Its truly sad that they blindly believe everything fed to them.

Purza (not DF'd)

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Typical, the WT telling the flock what they can and can't feel.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Another progressive thinker

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Marked

• eva luna
    eva luna

marked.

and im sending it to my last therapist who argued with me that JW's didnt do this. I got so frusterated . how could he tell me what I saw ?

they are truly un-natural.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

I treat my still in relatives worse than I would the dead. Here's the reason:

My being disfellowshipped means I am "dead" to them. Whatever I do in the world doesn't matter because THE WORLD as a whole is "wicked"... therefore I am just another wicked soul lost in a wicked sea in their point of view.

However, from my perspective, JW are also part of THE WORLD, the think they are "no part of the world," and as a religeous group of people, they actually do damage to the world around them. They make the world a WORSE place to live in. As a people they have made no intellectual advancements on this planet, they proclaim a backward philosophy, and they try to recruit more converts into this very dangerous cult-like community.

To me, that's WORSE than anything the dead can do. The dead do not try to convert people to a cult. The dead do not condemn more then they praise or mourn more than they rejoice. The dead are SILENT.

For that, I cannot think of anyone IN the church (or like churches such as other Advent factions and ESPECIALLY the Mormons) as someone dead... who is gone as does nothing. I have to think of them as what they really are... an ongoing DANGER to my fellow man.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

It's so contrary to biblical record that Watchtower leadership suggests disfellowshipped persons be treated as though dead (like persons stoned to death by fellow Jews!).

According to biblical record early Christians knew what it was to be stoned to death. Many suffered this sort of death, and if we beleive the biblical record some survived the ordeal. Back in those days stoning was apparently "legal" and was carried out publicly as a result. Yet we see nothing in scripture of early Christians disfellowshipping individuals by killing them, as though Christian shunning should be compared with death by communal killing.

My best guess is early Christians would be aghast at Watchtower suggesting the sort of shunning they carried out should be compared with what the larger Jewish community of the day did to them in the way of death by communal killing.

Things done in the name of religion never cease to astound me. Recently I observed a small child of about 6-10 years old recorded on news footage explaining why children murdered by Islamic extremists was a good thing. He said, "No matter age, apostates deserve to die." That boy didn't come into the world thinking like that. The local religion taught him that hate.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

frankiespeakin - "I think they can lose their 'charity status' as a non profit if they keep this up."

And then cry "Persecution! Persecution!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit