For those of you that LEFT.....

by DocHouse 86 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Giordano
    Giordano

Jesus and his God's holy spirit ENCOURAGES unity

No it doesn't. Even Jesus sound's confused....... one minute he's all about the love....... the next he's going into the temple with a home made whip or promising to come back with a holy army and kill people.

There's no unity in confusion and the WTBTS has been confused from day one.

Every religion known to man is confused about what it teachs.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

...did you also toss your Faith as well?

The problem with faith is that the religious/spiritual people apply the nonreligious definition. I have faith in my best friend or brother in that I trust them to come through for me. I am faithful to my spouse in that I am loyal. That doesn't work for belief in a deity. The only reason believers think God will come through for them is because of unproven claims from the Bible or other believers. Faith to believers means pretending to know what you do not know. To strengthen such claims, believers have attached trust and loyalty to such pretending.

I know many believers don't think they are I pretending. They are victims of cognitive dissonance. Most here used to be JW so we know you can actually believe what you don't know to be true and forget that it started with pretending.

"Faith" is not automatically a good thing when used and defined by believers.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Well said OTWO.

Asside from cognitive dissonance, 'faith' in a diety is largely based on confirmation bias. You pray for something and when (usually through your own hard work) you get it, you attribute it to god. When your prayer isn't answered, you either forget it or assume that god knows what's best for you and if you'd gotten what you thought you wanted, you'd be worse off. It's a perfect system for building up belief in something that's not there at all.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DocHouse:

I would have to say Yes because of the number done on my mind with all the hypocrisy and lying by a religion that purported to be the one true faith!

This was never going to happen to me again.

I can't say there is no God, but I have a problem with the concept of a loving god of the bible because of all the horrors and injustice that happened throughout history and are still happening. I am just not buying it that this is some sort of test and that there is going to be a resurrection of the "righteous" and "unrighteous" and it is all going to be made 'right' some day. I think this was a tale invented to shut everybody up.

I would have to say I am an agnostic. I may be tolerant of those who believe in the bible as long as they don't try to force it down anybody's throat.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Think –believe – proof and understand = fact? Truth?

There is no such reason chain. Facts alter all the time. And if you are not gods, you never know what the next truth will be. But it is very dangerous to hang up your believe in other people’s ideas. They could be very seductive and easy to accept, like readymade pancakes. You never know what the ingredients are. Often readymade products are made to make you addicted. Like drugs, alcohol cigarettes they are only made to make you by more, offering more of your life.

But read the Bible from your own moral standpoint. Do you really want to serve a god that kills all his children. Do you want to serve a god that in his law suggest “stoning” as an appropriate punishment?

Do you want to serve a god that could ask you to kill your own son in order to proof your loyalty to him?

Reading the Bible just raises more questions in our heads then it answers our looking for the truth, fact.

Bugbear

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Yeah...pretty much. Life is suffering. We need to address how to deal with that suffering NOW...not simply hold in expectation something that will address it in the future. Faith is the "assured expectation of things hoped for" well, I don't HOPE for anything. I live each day as if it was my last. I tell my family I love them. I mend fences when they break down. I cherish the little things. Faith kept me blind to the NOW in longing for tomorrow. Life is a miracle...have faith in that!

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

You really fell for that one didn't you?

1 - Make outrageous and risible predictions (there will always be a few who want to believe)

2 - Tell your followers to proclaim your predictions everywhere

3 - Make a further prediction that your followers will ridiculed and this will be evidence that you are a real prophet

It's called a self-fulfilling prophecy Abe.

Wake up!

He predicted his parousia would happen in the lifetime of his first followers. He was a liar &/or a delusional egomaniac.

Cofty,

You have important work to do in this forum which is guaranteed to have some small success.

Its happening exactly the way it is supposed to happen!

11:33-35

. 34  But when they are made to stumble they will be helped with a little help; and many will certainly join themselves to them by means of smoothness. 35  And some of those having insight will be made to stumble, in order to do a refining work because of them and to do a cleansing and to do a whitening, until the time of [the] end; because it is yet for the time appointed.

If you and others refrained from your activity here I would need to question my own convictions.

It's all good!

abe

• cofty
    cofty

Able - Did you know "gullible" is not in the dictionary?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Faith in what? Lies? God? People?

I let the so called faith go. I let go of the lies, I let go of the gods, I let go of the people.

I have faith in me.

• givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

No in fact the opposite. I discovered The Kingdom within me and Jesus Christ. He was there all the time. When you move on from the written testimony of Jesus ( the bible) which does not give life but onto the living word (jesus himself) everythign becomes abundantly clear

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit