For those of you that LEFT.....

by DocHouse 86 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

unless you take a closer look at the speels evolutionary scientists give as they preach Evolution- it can seem VERY real when it is only modewrn Fairy Tale. - Dochouse

Please list the titles and authors of the science books you have studied on the topic of evolutionary biology and genetics.

If the answer is that you have read no science books, would you like me to suggest a reading list?

Do you realise that the vast majority of people of faith accept the fact of evolution? It is only fundamental christians and most muslims that deny it for reasons of religious dogma.

• Giordano
    Giordano

The question I would ask you is ......did you toss out your critical thinking abilities to remain a JW?

The people here help one another to use reason to get out of something they never reasoned themselves into....... namely the doctrines taught by the WTBTS. Which is a Corporation first and foremost not a religion.

On this forum some hold on to their Christian beliefs but in an independent manner no longer replacing Jesus with the GB or any other organized religion. According to Pew 67% of born-in JW's leave.

On this forum some don't care if there is a god or not.

Others are reasonably sure that a creator doesn't exist.

You have come here to test the waters or as a troll or counting time I am responding in hopes you are looking for the TTATT (the truth about the truth).

I'd suggest you visit jwfacts.com and read what was actually taught by the WTBTS in the past and what is taught now in their own words, from their own publications.

Learn the truth about the 'two witness rule' and pedophilia, their failed predictions (far more then you probably realize), their reckless claims about vaccines, transplants and blood transfusions that have cost thousands of lives needlessly. Their practice of Shunning.

Good luck to you.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Once I left I became a true Christian the way the writers of the nt wrote anyways really caught the Jesus fever. But then I continued to do what the bible says continue growing inkknowledge and in doing so found out the bible and the gods of the bible are all a fairytale. Still try to live to the standards of Jesus though with reguard to love.

• cofty
    cofty

Still try to live to the standards of Jesus though with reguard to love.

Does that include hating your "father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even [your] own life"

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

maybe hate means loving to a lesser degree

The book Insight on the Scriptures (Watchtower 1988) mentions this.

What do you think Cofty? As a former elder.

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

"So, you studied the bible and meditated and concluded it was believable?"

Yes- it begins with the ONLY credible explanation as to how life and all the matching ecosystems came into being. Genetics does not disprove the account of Noad. "Innocent children"? Think God should have whisked them somewhere? The other questions there is no known details regarding

The line between science and sciecnce fiction is blurring, and many scientific facts are revealed as untrue, or fraud in time.

" Is this the same doc house from facebook?" Yes.

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

" Please list the titles and authors of the science books you have studied on the topic of evolutionary biology and genetics." Discover and Discovery Magazines, National Geographic, etc.

" The question I would ask you is ......did you toss out your critical thinking abilities to remain a JW?" No, that is why I don't accpept GB Opinions that are taught as Fact, and freely admit such.

" Does that include hating your "father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even [your] own life"- Took that literally, eh? Arer you catholic , gulping down Jesus Blood and Flesh at every mass?

• cofty
    cofty

Genetics does not disprove the account of Noad

Do you mean Noah? Yes it does.

Evolution is a fact. Reading a few magazine articles doesn't qualify you to have a valid opinion.

The evidence for evolution is written in the DNA in every cell in your body.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

No, science is not science fiction, the line is clear to any educated scientist, or any person who educates themselves. Mistakes can be made, but most mistakes are sifted out as other scientists check and recheck their work. The basic facts of evolution are not in dispute, especially now that we have DNA to confirm what has been known for decades. You have simply chosen to accept the tired, disproven logic that the Watchtower and other conservative Christians try to sell. I too believed it, when I was a naive 13 year old. I cringe now about how silly I was, but I had not learned critical thinking skills, nor did the Watchtower ever teach me any.

Try reading a few issues of national Geographic, if it's possible for you to open your mind just a little bit. I found out from them that a Lilly, a simple plant, has ten times the DNA of a human, however much of it is redundant. If God created the Lilly, why did he do it so inefficiently? It doesn't make sense, and that is one example among hundreds. From dinosaur fossils in North America we know that at one time much North America was a subtroptical rain forest, teeming with thousands of species of dinosaurs. They can track DNA and see where and when groups diverged and evolved.

Yet the Watchtower would have you believe that every scientist on the planet is in some vast conspiracy to falsely put out that there are no human remains more than 6,000 years, or that DNA doesn't clearly show we evolved, or that dinosaurs were not in existence millions of years ago. Every scientist, even those that profess to be Christian? They all are just making up the fossil record? They are lying that they can map DNA and it proves evolution? That they can say with some certainty when the continent's formed, and that the earth is far older that the genesis account? And in all this time, not one of these scientists didn't come forward and set the record straight? Do you realize how preposterous that is?

You can choose to stay ignorant and not research these things, that is your right, but don't come here expecting any of us to buy it.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

Doc, again are you the same doc from facebook who starts trashing the trinity, bit always run when you get provef wrong?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit