For those of you that LEFT.....

by DocHouse 86 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When I first left I still believed the Bible was the word of god, and that there must be a true (christian of course) religion out there. I searched for one, for a while, all contained errors or faults. I examined non-christian faiths, all were wacky.

I then decided that I would lead an evidence based life, to me it was the only way that made sense, and the only way to avoid being mis-led.

I examined the Bible properly, and found it was entirely the work of men.

I then searched for evidence of god....none. Then for evidence of a designer/creator........... none, that satisfied me and my criteria.

Faith, believing that something is true without satisfactory evidence, is not for me, and I cannot see any difference between it and Delusion.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

...did you also toss your Faith as well?

I was disfellowshipped because of pointing out that a vow to; "God's Spirit Directed Organization" showed a reprehensible disregard for Jesus Christs baptismal commandment and his authority.

Tried to help them understand that to have the audacity to change his baptismal command they must therefore think they are better than him. They had lifted themselves up above a god and were publicly showing themselves to be gods.

I took a stand for Jesus Christ.

Now they hate me, reproach me and lyingly say wicked things about me.

Matthew 5:11-12

"Happy are YOU when people reproach YOU and persecute YOU and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against YOU for my sake. 12 Rejoice and leap for joy, since YOUR reward is great in the heavens; for in that way they persecuted the prophets prior to YOU.

Isaiah 66:5

Hear the word of Jehovah, YOU men who are trembling at his word: "YOUR brothers that are hating YOU, that are excluding YOU by reason of my name, said, ‘May Jehovah be glorified!’ He must also appear with rejoicing on YOUR part, and they are the ones that will be put to shame."

[Name of person] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness.

Everything Jesus Christ said would happen, is really happening!

Why would a believer become an unbeliever when the things he had faith in are now really happening!

abe

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Able- you would not be DFed for just
    "pointing that out"- but only if you spread that opinion causing divisions.

You took a stand for your opinion.

Jesus and his God's holy spirit ENCOURAGES unity- and that is all those words mean- since we WOULDN'T be baptised if we thought this WASN'T the real Christian Brotherhood.

What church do you now go to- Baptist?

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

You took a stand for your opinion.

Jesus and his God's holy spirit ENCOURAGES unity- and that is all those words mean- since we WOULDN'T be baptised if we thought this WASN'T the real Christian Brotherhood.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

"pointing that out"-

Really? Do you know him personally? Did you sit in on his judicial committee? Pretty arrogant and presumptuous of you.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Would sending a snail mail letter to each and every member of the congregation with my convictions explained, fit your criteria?

since we WOULDN'T be baptised if we thought this WASN'T the real Christian Brotherhood.

Is the real temple of God in false religion?

Consider what Paul said in 2nd Thessalonians.

Does Satan have spectacular success at undermining false religion or "the real Christian Brotherhood" immediately before Jesus Christ's return?

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

He is set in opposition and lifts himself up over everyone who is called "god" or an object of reverence, so that he sits down in the temple of The God, publicly showing himself to be a god.

Do you now see the paradox which eludes the JW's?

I am asking because your comment above suggests that this is something new to you.

Yes, it is my conviction that IT IS "the real Christian Brotherhood"

Which is why they hate me even more!

Isaiah 66:5

Hear the word of Jehovah, YOU men who are trembling at his word: "YOUR brothers that are hating YOU, that are excluding YOU by reason of my name, said, ‘May Jehovah be glorified!’ He must also appear with rejoicing on YOUR part, and they are the ones that will be put to shame."

abe

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

I do not go to a church.

It is my conviction that many of my brothers are here.

Like me, they are also being hated!

Romans 9:25-26

It is as he says also in Ho·se´a: "Those not my people I will call ‘my people,’ and her who was not beloved ‘beloved’; 26  and in the place where it was said to them, ‘YOU are not my people,’ there they will be called sons of the living God.’"

[Name of person] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness ----> ‘[YOU] are not my people,’

At the present time this forum and others like it are the closest thing to a gathering of brothers which, exists.

There is NO Church that can even come close!

This is it!

abe

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I belong to the Church of the Holy Shepherd and St. Neame.

(Shepherd Neame is Britains oldest brewer,1698, lovely beer, mmmmm beer).

• cofty
    cofty

Everything Jesus Christ said would happen, is really happening! Why would a believer become an unbeliever when the things he had faith in are now really happening! - Abe

You really fell for that one didn't you?

1 - Make outrageous and risible predictions (there will always be a few who want to believe)

2 - Tell your followers to proclaim your predictions everywhere

3 - Make a further prediction that your followers will ridiculed and this will be evidence that you are a real prophet

It's called a self-fulfilling prophecy Abe.

Wake up!

He predicted his parousia would happen in the lifetime of his first followers. He was a liar &/or a delusional egomaniac.

• jemba
    jemba

God, Jesus, Bible, Creation.... all a load of crap in my view. Never been happier with my OWN beliefs and not thinking what im told to think by a real estate corporation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit