For those of you that LEFT.....

by DocHouse 86 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

maybe hate means loving to a lesser degree The book Insight on the Scriptures (Watchtower 1988) mentions this. What do you think Cofty? As a former elder.

I think it is intellectually dishonest.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

My Vines Complete Expository Dictionary Old and New Testament Words page 292 under Hate, Hateful, Hater, Hatered,

(c) of relative preference for one thing over another, by way of expressing either aversion from, or disregard for, the claims of one person or thing relatively to those of another, Matt, 6:26, and Luke 16 :13, as to the claims of parents relatively to those of Christ, John 12:25, of disregard for one's life relatively to the claims of Christ....

'of relative preference for one thing over another,'

What do you think of this Cofty?

• cofty
    cofty

How does Vine justify this blatant case of special pleading?

miseo...

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

"I don't want to believe. I want to know." - Carl Sagan

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i don't know Cofty but would you still feel it's 'think it is intellectually dishonest.'?

• cofty
    cofty

Yes I would.

Peter complained they had left everything to follow Jesus. His reply makes clear that everything included their wives and children.

Jesus deliberately broke up families. He was the original Jim Jones.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Yes I would.

So leaving to go to do a job is hating your wife. i know some one who had to go away for a considerable time from his wife, infact he lives abroad for work. They have been married for 30 years and seem happy enoug

one of my children had a similar situation and they were very much in love.

when you were a Witness did you understand that the word the word hate could have various meanings?

• cofty
    cofty

Your reading of Jesus' requirements is anachronistic.

The disciples abandoned their families because Jesus taught them his parousia would be in their lifetime and they would receive a thousand-fold to compensate them for leaving their wives and children.

He was a dangerous liar.

Then Peter answered and said to Him, “See, we have left all and followed You. Therefore what shall we have?”

So Jesus said to them, “Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name’s sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.

Peter was not grumbling about working away from home.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

we were discussing the meaning of the word hate

am i to understand that you think Jesus meant they should detest their wives?

• cofty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit