Ucantnome

Detest?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Why do apologists have shitty grammar??

DD

• Giordano
    Giordano

Er cause they are most often dumb as a fence post? Or because they see no need to articulate a position as if they were sitting with people having A real DISCUSSION?

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

DD said: " Why do apologists have shitty grammar??"

The same reason white supremists have shitty teeth.

zed

• StAnn
    StAnn

Back to the original question, I'm coming in late, but I'm with BandOnTheRun, my faith is stronger now that I'm out of that cesspool. For a long time I would have considered myself an atheist but while looking for answers, I stumbled onto Catholicism. Not right for everybody but right for me.

StAnn

• kaik
    kaik

A faith is really broad concept. I have left the belief in antiquated, irrational text written by Bronze (~Stone/Iron) Age men, who did not had any understanding of science. I do not see any rationality behind the world's religions, they are invention of human fantasy. However, I believe in the Creator of the Universe, but I do not have a specific association to religion. Nobody can verify faith, what happens after we die, nor prove that their beliefs is correct.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

1st. Doc WELCOME!

2cd. Faith in.... WHAT?

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name’s sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.

How is it possible to receive a hundredfold of any of these things when in heaven there will be no marriage, no parents, no having children, no land and certainly not living in a house.. let alone 100 of them?

• cofty
    cofty

Apparently because getting to spend eternity telling god how awesome he is makes abandoning your wife and children worth it.

• Spectre
    Spectre

When I left I still believed it was all true. It was quite a few years later before I realized it was all bunk. I had taken some college classes and there was a lot of things learned that made me raise an eyebrow. When I read CoC and found out that 607/1914 is a big sham it was a huge relief and the final straw I needed.

I guess i have the WT to thank since they were always pointing out how everyone else is wrong. Well, when I found out they are wrong as well, no need to keep looking. Especially when I only see the bible as a rather lousy mythology book now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit