For those of you that LEFT.....

by DocHouse 86 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Twitch
    Twitch

...did you also toss your Faith as well?

Not initially. It was a bit of a journey.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Able - Did you know "gullible" is not in the dictionary?

Cofty,

JWs are being excluded (disfellowshipped) from their congregation by their brothers, through the use of God's actual name:

Isaiah said it would happen:

Isaiah 66:5

Hear the word of Jehovah, YOU men who are trembling at his word: "YOUR brothers that are hating YOU, that are excluding YOU by reason of my name, said, ‘May Jehovah be glorified!’ He must also appear with rejoicing on YOUR part, and they are the ones that will be put to shame."

"[Name of person] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness" (announcement made from platform when a brother is disfellowshipped)

The Apostle Paul and Hosea said this would happen:

Romans 9:25-26

It is as he says also in Ho·se´a: "Those not my people I will call ‘my people,’ and her who was not beloved ‘beloved’; 26  and in the place where it was said to them, ‘YOU are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’"

"[Name of person] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness" ==== ‘YOU are not my people,’

Also remember that Jesus Christ said it would happen:

John 16:1-4

"I have spoken these things to YOU that YOU may not be stumbled. 2  Men will expel YOU from the synagogue. In fact, the hour is coming when everyone that kills YOU will imagine he has rendered a sacred service to God. 3  But they will do these things because they have not come to know either the Father or me. 4  Nevertheless, I have spoken these things to YOU that, when the hour for them arrives, YOU may remember I told them to YOU.

As you can see from many comments in this thread some brothers have indeed stumbled and lost faith even when Jesus Christ asked us to "remember".

So what Jesus Christ said would happen, is really happening!

Leaving the JWs should reduce a persons faith only because what he said would happen, is happening!

Why would a person need faith that something would happen, when it is already happening?

From a spiritual point of view, leaving the JWs is the most amazing thing.

But hey, its not just about being disfellowshipped, everything else Jesus Christ said would happen, is also happening!

Jesus Christ is awesome!

abe

• cofty
    cofty

Abe - you are confusing "faith" with a persecution complex.

On the whole, people don't hate christians, they just find your constant wittering about your dead carpenter to be irritating. It's hardly the same as being thrown to the lions.

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Able, Jesus foretold of his followers that they would preach the good news of the KINGDOM to the WORLD. If you think you and your friends here are doing that- please see a shrink.

• Mikado
    Mikado

Abe, your arguments are basicly the same ones the Nostradamus nuts tend to use. find a prophecy, find something to make it fit.

personally, I rediscovered my faith in myself once I was free.

• Pterist
    Pterist

I did not throw Christ out with the bath water, however, I never "JOINED" another church since I left over 20 years ago.

Went crazy after my wife died, 15 years ago and completely got lost in sex, alcohol and drugs.

Settled down with a southern baptist girl, a few years ago, and I do some volunteer work at a local Seventh day Adventist church, running their "EasyWorship" software for Saturday and Wednesday schedules, videos, sound systems etc... they don't know I'm a amillennium / partial Preterist ;)

Shalom, happy sabbath LOL

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

The Truth stands, whether the WTBS falls or not, whether those leaving point fingers or not.

If one has come to know the ONLY true God and His son, and have faith in THEM- bad examples by org or JWs will NOT kill their faith.

If one has faith in MEN- it ALWAYS falls.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

DocHouse said:"The WTBS promotes a lot of goofy opinion as FACT (such as Jesus has RULED for 100 years!)."
    Are you aware of the following letter?

"SCG:SSF September 1, 1980
    TO ALL CIRCUIT AND DISTRICT OVERSEERS
    Dear Brothers:....Help the elders discern between one who is a trouble-making apostate and a Christian who becomes weak in faith and has doubts. (2 Peter 2; Jude 22, 23) The former one should be dealt with decisively after extended efforts put forth to readjust him....Keep in mind that to be disfellowshiped,an apostate does not have to be a promoter of apostate views. As mentioned in paragraph two, page 17 of the August 1, 1980, Watchtower, "The word 'apostasy' comes from a Greek term that means 'a standing away from,' 'a falling away, defection,' 'rebellion, abandonment. Therefore, if a baptized Christian abandons the teachings of Jehovah, as presented by the faithful and discreet slave, and persists in believing other doctrine despite Scriptural reproof, then he is apostatizing. Extended, kindly efforts should be put forth to readjust his thinking. However,if, after such extended efforts have been put forth to readjust his thinking, he continues to believe the apostate ideas and rejects what he has been provided through the slave class, then appropriate judicial action should be taken."
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/78197/1/BOE-letter-defining-apostacy#.U-f4DF2t-o8

And for a scan of the letter..

http://jwleaks.org/boe-letters/

http://bit.ly/1anaCjz

DocHouse also said:
    " Able- you would not be DFed for just
    "pointing that out"- but only if you spread that opinion causing divisions. "
    ^^ See the above letter.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

In case anyone missed the point, DocHouse is already an 'apostate'.
    He just hasn't told anyone yet...

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Deary me. DocHouse would be in the doghouse, wouldn't he, if the elders knew that he had apostate views..

DocHouse said:"The WTBS promotes a lot of goofy opinion as FACT (such as Jesus has RULED for 100 years!)."

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20140115/100-years-kingdom-rule/

"3 Because we regularly study God’s Word, we can see that prophecy is being fulfilled right now. What a contrast with people in general! They are so involved in their lives and pursuits that they overlook the clear evidence that Christ has been ruling since 1914.."
    http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20140115/let-your-kingdom-come/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit