Why Are People Anti-Semitic?

by minimus 88 Replies latest jw friends

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I think it is part of a broader discussion , what is prejudice, why arecertain groups the targets is prejudice, and why have Jews always been the victims of prejudice? A couple of things come to mind:

a minority

have different beliefs about something the majority holds dear

Are seemingly prosperous which elicits jealousy

will not integrate (especially marry) with the majority

maintains uniqueness - language, foods, religious, has their own holidays

Have some difference in appearance, either skin color or clothing or conspicuous activites

Jews meet most of these, and come to think of it so do JWs. I have wondered if Rutherford was deliberatel trying to get the JWs ostracized by all his anti-social changes in the 20's and 30's

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Zionism is one thing. Antisemitism flourishes here. I found it surprising. My hunch is that if you don't live on a coast, you may not have many opportunities to know Jewish people. They might be passing if they live in a nonwelcoming area. I think it is ignorance. Once you know a few individuals, the stereotypes fall. Some people realize there may be negative repurcussions to express antiSemitism so they will word it as not liking New York or the Ivy League. People overestimate the percentages of Jewish people in New York or the Ivy League.

Some trades are predominantly Jewish but the historic details are important. European monarchs needed Jews as bankers b/c the Vatican ruled that Christian could not charge interest. One king would kick them out of a country and the next king would beg them to come back.

There is an excellent book on Christian/Jewish disasters called Constantine's Sword. I heard an infamous hymn on Good Friday that started violence against Jews. It took a very long time for the Vatican to curtail its use. Some Anglo-Catholic Episcopal churches still sing it. The words don't seem that extreme. Oh, I have my favorite Church Fathers and saints. Augustine contributed much to hatred of Jews.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Luke 21:24

and they will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations, until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled.

Everything Jesus Christ said would happen, is really happening!

abe

• jam
    jam

I would rather be in God disfavor. Luke 21:24. That's

a hell of a life to look forward too....

God please don't pick us , I'll just run with Satan.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

What is happening in the gaza strip between israel and palestine is a cancer in this world that creates problems far beyond those 2 countries.

Many people on this board would be familiar with the feeling associated with believing you belong to the group that are 'God's special people'.

When you believe that you are chosen by God anything becomes justifiable in pressing your claim and if you imagine that a certain geographical area is your groups birthright, any measures you take are done in God's name, with his support.

Both sides are fundamentalists and both believe they are right.

This isn't really answering your question as to why people are anti-semitic- I personally am not, its just such a sad, sad situation.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

The Jewish political state of Israel is based on the hoax presented in the bible.

Many people are critical of *Zionism* which is spun to make them appear anti-semetic. But there's a difference.

• minimus
    minimus

Band, that was interesting.

• James Brown
    James Brown

It's like a Harley Davidson,

If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand.

Also in this day and age you have to be careful about what you say about the emperor,

because everything we do and say here is recorded for posterity and can and will be used against us.

Or as the bible says " watch what you say about the king because a little bird might listen and repeat it to him."

Eccleseastes 10:20

If you want to know why intellent people are aniti-semetic.

And by intelligent, I mean people who read and understand.

Get yourself a history of the world.

I recommend "Glencoes World History" It is high shcool college history 101.

And read it cover to cover.

Folow the money and power and abuse of the masses by the rich and powerful.

And let world history from day one tell you who is at the top and in control.

If you like the results of who is in control you will be happy.

If you dont

like the results of who is in control of the world, world history

and following the money and power will tell you who it is.

Having said that the Jews that you run into on the street and work with are just garden variety/ cannon fodder,

sacrafical caught in the maxtrix types.

As clueless as the next american or world consumer.

My comments might be more coherent if I could post paragraphs.

whether they make sense or not is up to you, the reader.

As politely as I can say it.

I highly expect you are trolling by asking the question.

But I know you are not a troll.

So I say you are generating traffic and interest and company.

Collecting data, noting who is awake and who is sleeping.

• minimus
    minimus

I ask the question because I'm bewildered, and always have been regarding this subject.

I'm fascinated by neo-nazis too and think they are effed up.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Be bewildered no more Minimus read world history and study the people who gave you the bible.

Hollywood and all the major television networks.

And the print media.

It is just as simple as following the money and the power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit