The Trinity Is A False Doctrine!

by non_trias_theos 129 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

whatever.

• rbaitz
    rbaitz

Is the Trinity false?

Is the Trinity false because its uncomprehensible? No. There are many things we cannot fully comprehend yet they exist.

Is the Trinity false because pagan history had something that seemed trinitarian? No. Satan copies off Jehovah God, coming as a angel of light.

Is the Trinity false because the Bible doesn't contain the word "trinity"? No. The word "theocracy" isn't in the Bible however the Watchtower is a theocratic organization. The word "Bible" isn't in the Bible and the word "communion" isn't in the Bible. Does this mean an organization or communion or the Bible isn't true? No.

The early Christians confirmed the Trinity as a doctrine but it was taught since the time of the apostles. The triune God (Jehovah) is in deed One God, yet has manifested Himself in Three eternal Persons.

Let me point out some error of the NWT first. John 1:1- The Watchtower made the claim that the definite article "the" needs to be placed before the word "theos" God in order for it to read "God" (big G). Though this is only the Watchtowers standard alone, they only apply this standard to this one verse. No other verse, pretty discriminatory wouldn't you say? If this standard was applied God the Father would be called "a god" in over 300 places.

Now the correct translation reads, "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God." John 1:1.

How can the Word be with God and be God at the same time? I don't understand, but I believe the Bible as God's word so I accept what I am being told here because it is beyond my understanding. So I don't understand it, but I can apprehend Jesus is Jehovah God. So the Father is God and the Son is God, but wait, there is only One true God (Jn 17:3) so who is false? Or are they eternal Persons within the Godhead? Persons within the Godhead.

Also in Colossians Jesus is called the firstborn. This is a right to rule word, not a word meaning first created. A great example of first born not meaning first created is found in (Genesis 41:51-52) “Joseph called the name of the firstborn Manasseh: ‘For God has made me forget all my toil and all my father's house.’ And the name of the second he called Ephraim: "For God has caused me to be fruitful in the land of my affliction." So Manasseh was the firstborn or first created son. The context supports the word firstborn here to mean first created.

Now let’s look at (Jeremiah 31:9) “They shall come with weeping, and with supplications I will lead them. I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters, In a straight way in which they shall not stumble; For I am a Father to Israel, And Ephraim is My firstborn.” Ephraim was the second son born to Joseph but he is called the “firstborn” here. This is a right to rule word, meaning chief or leader and in (Colossians 1) the same applies to Jesus being called the “firstborn,” it means the chief one or leader, NOT first created.

Who created all things? Isaiah 44:24 says Jehovah made all things alone. NOBODY helped him. But Jesus is said to have all things in John 1:3 and Colossians 1:14-17. Jesus is Jehovah God.

Jehovah is called the first and last in Isaiah 44:6. But in Revelation 1 and 2 Jesus is called the first and last.

Jehovah is all loving yet Jesus had greater love. No greater love does a man have then to lay down His life for his friends. Jesus laid down his life, so he has greater love then Almighty God? No. Jesus is Jehovah, the Son.

Robin

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

airwalk has a potty mouth,

please put soap in it.

thanks

• butalbee
    butalbee

Read another bible instead the bogus NWT version.

I could write sentence after sentence stating my case that there is 3 person's in one God, but as far as I can see, your head is up your ass so you would not listen to me anyway.

Hey, have a nice life. Don't come to my door peddling your magazines, cuz I have a anti-JW pitbull just waiting for witnesses to come to my house--he's trained to go right for the groin.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi No_Trias: The Bible does not promote or condemn the Trinity, nor does it promote or condemn a non-Trinity. The Bible is silent on God's exact nature ... it is not a salvation issue, except in the minds of legalistic religious organizations.

One interesting explaination I have heard is: There is ONE humanity, but many members. There is ONE Divinity (God) and only three members. That is the best definition I have ever heard.

The whole idea of God and his spirit nature does not make sense to physical beings as humans ... so I am not really spun out about the Trinity or not ... for me it is a non-issue. Show me one verse in the Bible that states belief in a Trinity means we are doomed, and thus such belief means that we are participating in false religion.

Even if the Society is correct about there not being a Trinity (which they could be correct) this does NOT validate an otherwise polluted religion ... the Society itself illustrated this to a glass of pure water, and then placing even a tiny drop of sewer water in it, the whole glass of water is polluted ... so even if the Society is clean and pure on many doctrines, the filth that remains pollutes the whole religion ... or put another way, a little leaven ferments the whole lump as Jesus stated. The Watchtower religion has too many seriously polluted teachings, doctrines, practices, and policies for it to be any kind of pure truth.

In my opinion: The Bible has many verses that support Jesus' Divintity, and the Trinity is one way to express how this works ... Conversely, the Bible has as many if not more verses that do not support the Trinity, and other explanations are needed. While I tend to think the traditional Trinity doctrine is mistaken, I think that if it is true, the above definition is about as close as humans will ever get to explaining it.

Last but not least: The book, Watchtower on Trial (title may be in slight error) by Robert Finnerty clearly exposes how the Society has misrepresented the beliefs of the early Church Fathers ... and base their non-Trinitarian stance on Alvin Lampson's work, who himself misused and misquoted the words of the early Church Fathers ... whereas, if you read what the early Church Fathers actually said in their letters to one another (an by this I am talking about the first Disciples of the Apostles like John, Paul and others) you will begin to see that even these very first Christians held that Jesus is God ... it is not perfectly clear in every case, but there is enough to demonstrate that modern Arian groups, like the Watchtower, may be in error with their interpretation of Jesus not being God.

Just some thoughts ... and if you want more details, feel free to click on my email icon and send me a note.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

LOL

If the Trinity is a false doctrine, then why did the Watchtower have to lie in their Trinity brochure? Why couldn't they have come up with TRUE evidence to support their belief rather than having to fabricate it?

Just a thought for ya.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire
    There is ONE humanity, but many members. There is ONE Divinity (God) and only three members. That is the best definition I have ever heard.

Amazing, did you hear that from me? Because I posted that not too long ago.

• the follower
    the follower

contrary to popular opinion the Trinity brochure is a very fair publication.

just an opinion, don't bite me.

• butalbee
    butalbee

No comment from the peanut gallery.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Why don't you try posting your bible thumping on the "Bible Research" site?

carmel who grows weary of dubby doctrin debates

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit