The Ravings of Trolls Distracts FOCUS From Real Watchtower Scandals

by cofty 95 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Twitch
    Twitch

I rather like a bit of gonzo journalism from time to time, some left field creative writing. Keeps things interesting as long as it's not taken seriously. To each their own.

Any serious disturbers of the public peace usually get removed like so much cat litter in due course anyways.

• minimus
    minimus

Good for you, Simon and it's about time. And good for you too, Cotfly.

• besty
    besty

trolls are useful as a reminder of the need for an IGNORE button :-)

• Viviane
    Viviane

I have to admit, I was reading Focus' posts and was having trouble following what his point was, other than to tell us how stupid we are and how awesome he was. I didn't get why some were telling us why, if not for him working 15 years ago, people like me wouldn't have gotten out of the JWs.

I mean, he didn't attend my JC, pay for my divorce, help me out when I needed money, do my Bible research for me, watch my children when I needed to work, offer me a place to stay when I was kicked out of my house, pay for me to go back to school so I could get a job to support myself or anything.

Odd, all of that.

• bohm
    bohm

I agree with Cofty, Viviane. Focus come across as a person who feel he is so much smarter than the rest of us he need not bother writing anything intelligent.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

He likes to tell everyone how much more clever he is compared to everyone

It is fair to say that, without exception, when a person has to tell you: how funny they are; how smart they are; how clever they are, etc...they aren't.

• Terry
    Terry

TROLLS serve a useful purpose.

They demonstrate our weaknesses.

How? Instead of ignoring them we engage them.

We attempt to use logic and rational thinking against illogic and irrationality.

TROLLS reveal how ineffectual we are.

Instead of being ineffectual, I would suggest we engage our own weakness first--before wasting time with the TROLL.

1. Identify the false premise in the TROLL's inflammatory comment.

2. Instead of jumping in with refutation against a false premise--simply state: FALSE PREMISE. Then move on and ignore them.

3. Relax and take comfort in the fine work you've done.

Purpose of a TROLL:

The purpose of a TROLL is the same as that of a person going fishing: to catch stupid fish.

Solution: Ignore the worm; notice the hook.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Solution: Ignore the worm; notice the hook.

Terry, VERY well said!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Hope any lurkers out there can filter out the signal (storys and experiences like this) to noise (the current trolls running amok on the forums) ratios

This is why I would never (if this situation ever arose) direct anyone interested in knowing TTATT to this forum or any other, for that matter.

However, I would encourage them to look at jwfacts.com as everything on their is spot-on and backed up by evidence.

This is kind of sad, since their is a lot of great stuff hidden around here that jwfacts doesn't get into, but then there's the "noise" which someone just waking up could find disturbing to the point of disrupting their progress out of the cult.

But once they know TTATT and want some support, sure, a place like jwn is great.

• One Last Kiss
    One Last Kiss

Hooray for this thread, as both a lurker and member I've seen trolls over the last couple years but yesterday was the first time I looked for a 'report thread' button.

The JWN community right now is great, diverse and friendly, long may it continue!

One Last Kiss x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit