The Ravings of Trolls Distracts FOCUS From Real Watchtower Scandals

by cofty 95 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

PhD or so? You are funny. BA, MA WSU; MA Whitman, BEd International, MEd WGU, PhD UnSA. Seems to me you're the one in need of education ... and counseling. All you are is an internet troll that seeks relevance and can't find it.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

People of average or better intelligence usually have no difficulty grasping what I write. They sure may not like it, but they do grasp it.

Fallacy of Ridicule. Typical tactic of an intellectual bully.

Go and get a broad education, preferably in the hard sciences, get a Ph.D. or two, first class degrees throughout, qualify in a couple of exacting professions, spend a lifetime in reading and deep thinking on a wide variety of subjects, and then come back.

In what way acquiring the education you propose will ensure that someone will be less prone into buying into bullshit? Looking at your diatribes, it's hard not to conclude that you love buying into your own streak of bullshit. And, in what way having a lesser degree of education than the one you've suggested, or even a different type of education [say, in social sciences, for example], will cause someone to be unable to see through the WTS bullshit? To assume that someone cannot possibly reach sound conclusions unless they have the same academic input that some [i.e. you] have, is a fallacy known as Bulverism. You sure push the envelope on that particular one.

It matters little how big your contribution to the debunking of the WTS mythology has been in the past. We get it: You're a rabid opponent to the WTS, and I'm sure you have many valid reasons, even personal ones for that. And surely there's a great deal of merit in your well-intended efforts. The man-hours you've put into it - if indeed you can provide evidence that you're the one who produced them in the first place, and I won't challenge that you have - have possibly served many into making an informed decision to leave the cult are surely appreciated. Thank you.

But, having said that, you come across as a rabid lunatic troll. (Mind you, there are intellectualy brilliant lunatics). You want others to bow down to you as the uber-nemesis of the Governing Body. You will fail. And I will tell you why: You're uncapable of generating empathy. You naturally alienate everyone who doesn't lick your intellectual boots. I suspect that it matters little to you; people of your type thrive on confrontation. I've dealt with many in the past, and it's exhausting. They usually can win a debate simply by getting their opponents tired with their unstoppable verborhea. That's why this is the first and last time I will engage you. You have never experienced what it is to be one of the Jehovah's Witnesses. You haven't experienced yourself the emotional trauma, the overcoming of the doubts, the emotional rollercoaster of abandoning what we once considered "the truth"; you have never experienced the subtle cohertion of the peer pressure inside the Witnesses; You have never experienced the dreading fear of sitting before a Judicial Comittee. You have never experienced embracing the hope of an eternal life on earth (delusional as it may be), and then waking up from such sweet hope. You never experienced the love bombing in a time of emotional vulnerability, and later the loss of family and friends due to shunning. All the good and bad things of the experience of being one of the Jehovah's Witnesses - and then leaving - you have never experienced them in the flesh. If much, through others close to you, you may observe and vicariously experience it, but that's not the same, no, not at all.

So please, excuse us if many of us here don't care much for your achievements. The thing is: Unquestionably, you make many good points about the WTS. Kudos to you, you've figured the WTS out. Many here have achieved the exact same results without needing a Phd. Therefore, your self-aggrandizing, self-serving ramblings, do much more harm to the ex-JW cause than any good. And for that, you're NOT welcome.

Eden

• Focus
    Focus

you're NOT welcome

Fallacy of thinking that your own inferiority, or other, complex(es) entitle(s) you to speak for all or most of those on this site, lol, EdenOne.

Well, you don't. As an exercise you prompted, I've counted 20+ posters who've explicitly welcomed me, including those who've expressed delight that I'm back. I'm not counting PMs and I've not checked all the threads.

Polite and constructive suggestion:

Get over the feeling you need sympathy and mollycoddling, friend. Or congratulations for overcoming whatever you believe you have managed, and endured whatever suffering you have.

Your (presumably numerous, unless you were a total failure as a disease-vector) past victims are the ones who need sympathy and an apology from you.

That you may well also be a victim is irrelevant.

As an aside - that you somehow associate or connect learned ones (me) with the Governing Body of the Jehovah's Witnesses (a collection of liars, uneducated fools and downright morons) is telling. I don't need to be the "nemesis" for the equivalent of roofers or carwash boys. I just kick away their ladder or bucket. These are people who, on a public platform or podium, could be verbally-outmanouvred by an adept 10-year old.

The Old Whore Borg is a force on her own. It isn't the GB who is the enemy. Most of them are puppets and victims themselves.

If - Allah be praised - every single one of the Gibbering Baboon Class suddenly and immediately became decent honest intelligent human beings, it would be just be a blip in her evil progress. They'd be replaced in a trice from within the enormous cadre of wolf-like "special" elders (the ones who can surf the internet, engage with "apostates", pretend to be disaffected, all part of Theocratic War Strategy... a few here now) - irrespective of the corporate roles they might also hold.

You are quite correct, however, that I am not trying to generate empathy. I thought that fairly obvious, but, perhaps, here the utterly obvious needs explicitly stating. Accordingly, thank you.

Old Goat - thanks for the huge laugh, as expected you are a hoot. Excellent evidence of how some are impossible to educate. All those letters proffered to do with some soft subject or other, but still write like a third-grade bank clerk, misuse language, misunderstand words like "tempering" - and how's sales of the vaunted Chas Russell resurrection book coming along, btw? Not as expected? Hmmmm. Perhaps someone needs help with the chapter on the positions Chuck adopted? You Know what I mean.

__

Focus

("LOL!" Class)

• EdenOne
  • defender of truth
    defender of truth

Don't take Focus too seriously, would be my advice. His opinions on the intelligience, or lack thereof, of posters on JWN are as irrelevant as our opinion of him.
    Anyway, you all know what happens when you keep feeding stray cats?...
    Just leave the guy to waffle and stop feeding him posts to pick apart with his humongous intellect.

If anyone feels the urge to take him or his insults at all seriously, please take a look at the following thread.
    He is talking to an old friend of his who posted to ask where he was, 9 years ago and then 8 years ago!! It wasn't anywhere close to the last thread that his friend posted on either, which would have at least made some sense.. and Unclebruce hasn't posted here for 4 months anyway!
    I think we have a very nostalgic person here, longing for the old days and searching for a way to be relevant again. I could be wrong, but I'm just trying to have a little empathy for the old guy.. Not that he wants to generate any empathy ;)

(Read both pages of the thread.)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/2671/1/Updated-list-of-Watchtower-RANKS-not-Classes#.U7QOuV2t-o8

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Focus wrote:

"FOOTNOTE
    ** Memory can play tricks. Having only just heard of the sad death of my dear colleague Farkel.. I've looked again at his posts, and saw he had recently claimed to have led the Exodus from H2O to here (as in, he was the first)
    Doug was scrupulously honest, as I am, and I therefore know it must have slipped his mind that it was I who had joined and started posting on (what was then) JWD five weeks before he did, and had encouraged the bunch of others to follow me. H2O was busted.
    The members' directory here confirms I'm right:
    Focus Joined 2/6/2001

Farkel Joined 3/14/2001"

... Words almost fail me, but self obsession are two that come to mind. I've never read anything like that post before..

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/social/humour/281227/3/Watchtower-to-ban-PUSSIES-July-14-This-is-not-good#5045420

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

I shouldn't really have called him self-obsessed, that was uncalled for. I apologise.

This is where the Focus should be at the moment:

"Now, I address everyone.
    That was then. Now is now, and help is needed.
    I returned "here", after a gap of a dozen years, solely to find recruits in the second phase of the war (we won the first - domination of cyberspace), which is to hold the WTS legally (i.e. financially) accountable for her transgressions, the damage to the mental health and happiness of many millions (not just limited to members).
    This might even kill her off..."

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/281308/1/A-precious-gift-to-all-from-Jehovah-channelled-via-Focus#.U7Sdy12t-o8

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i just wanted to add something to my earlier posts regarding responsibility for our actions.

Eve, i was brought up to believe was perfect, I'm not and I don't think that the devil threatened her in anyway he tempted her. When i was brought up as a witness I was brought up to believe that going against or talking against the Watchtower was the same as talking against God. This was from an early age. In the what we referred to as the 'Look' booklet which I quoted from (Watchtower publication that I found on the website mentioned) that i believe was the first publication studied with my mother, it says

'Your safety and the whole future of yourself and your family depend on now studying the Bible, associating with the New World society of Jehovah's witnesses, dedicating yourself to your Creator, Jehovah God, and witnessing for him. (bold mine)

the Watchtower January 15th 1983 page 27 under the subheading "Fight Against Independent Thinking" it says.

"If we get to thinking that we know better than the organization, we should ask ourselves "Where did we learn Bible truth in the first place? Would we know the way of the truth if it had not been for guidance from the organization? Really, can we get along without the direction of God's organization?" No, we cannot!"

and I found this thread relating I believe a drama.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/92380/1/Heres-the-script-for-the-Korah-Dathan-Abiram-drama#.U7TqbpRdV8E

To have this instilled in you from an early age makes it difficult to see clearly what you should do when confronted with things that you may find not to your liking or that you follow what your told.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Well, you don't. As an exercise you prompted, I've counted 20+ posters who've explicitly welcomed me, including those who've expressed delight that I'm back. I'm not counting PMs and I've not checked all the threads.

So you're seeking adulation to confirm your own inflated opinion of yourself, your importance and achievements. That clears things up.

Definition

By Mayo Clinic Staff

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. Those with narcissistic personality disorder believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

Narcissistic personality disorder is one of several types of personality disorders. Personality disorders are conditions in which people have traits that cause them to feel and behave in socially distressing ways, limiting their ability to function in relationships and in other areas of their life, such as work or school.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Old Goat in your post 404 you say this

. A true spirit anointing does not make you better, stronger, able to leap tall buildings at a single bound. It does not make you smarter, better looking, or more faithful. In the biblical sense - and as the watchtower actually teaches it - it marks you for a different destiny.

while i agree with you in probably the way you mean it. i feel there are some differences. one is the way i understood it is the anointed all have to die to gain the reward. the great crowd of which i hoped to be a part of that survived Armageddon had a hope of never dying never growing old. The anointed also gain immortality something the great crowd don't and i think i'm right in saying the anointed are declared righteous for life at their death and the great crowd wait to the end of another thousand years. (maybe i'm incorrect)

i think this separates them along with the idea that they were all the faithful and disceet slave class when i was baptised who were responsible for the spiritual food i believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit