The Ravings of Trolls Distracts FOCUS From Real Watchtower Scandals

by cofty 95 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JeffT
    JeffT

Points well made Cofty. Unfortunately this thread seems to be proof of the problem of noise to signal ratio on these forums sometimes.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Cofty, thank you for saying what all of us are thinking. At one time in the past, there was a huge problem on this board with people creating multiple accounts, only to cause disruption and havoc. I hope that doesn't happen again.

On a related note, the "clever" Questions from Readers about cats has been around the internet for some time. Since 2003 or earlier. This website credits authorship to someone named Dave Buskirk. http://www.virushead.net/vhrandom/jws/jw-humor

The version at JWFiles also credits someone named Dave. http://www.jwfiles.com/wt_ex_jw_corner/cats.htm

A thread on this message board from 2003 doesn't name the author, but gives the website where the fictional story originally appeared. Unfortunately, the website no longer exists, and I can't even find a copy on the wayback machine.

It is hard enough to get past our hang ups from being in the borg without trolls showing up and spouting garbage like I have seen, and trying to impress us with their stature using things written so long ago, whether by them or someone else.

• Simon
    Simon

The forum and the community has matured considerably in the last 10+ years - people aren't as quick to let themselves get jerked around by trolls just trying to get some attention and 'make a name for themselves'

I don't care if someone has been here 10 years or 10 days, the rules and guidelines will be applied. In fact I think anyone who has been here a considerable amount of time has less excuse if they pretend there are no rules or the rules don't apply.

Focus: we no longer tollerate the nonsense that happened in the past so please don't attempt to repeat it.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Thank you Cofty - well said.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

Simon, thanks.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Simon: The forum and the community has matured considerably in the last 10+ years

Yes, it has! I was so pleasantly surprised when I started frequenting this board again on a regular basis! Thanks for keeping an eye on this situation.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I must admit i do hate it when pompous assholes come on here and spout their particular brand of nuttiness acting as if we'd be impressed by their use of many words.

Most just mark themselves out as mentally unstable to one degree or another and make it easier to spot the next one to turn up.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

When lurkers read threads comparing all elders to rapists or suggesting that Jesus was a child molestor it does nothing for anybody's credibility

When i was leaving the Watchtower if I'd come here and seen how the name Jehovah or Jesus is misused or how they are referred to i wouldn't have trusted this site especially if the comments were from former elders.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I think on one of the threads that focus started there was a swear word used ( i could be wrong as i can't find the thread to check) by someone, which i think goes against the posting guidelines. I think swearing should be avoided.

• Splash
    Splash

I like to hear the comments Focus makes, but the good stuff is usually buried knee deep in gibberish.

He likes to tell everyone how much more clever he is compared to everyone else yet persistently resorts to intellectually stunted ad hominem's.

Focus, welcome back to the party, but you are not the party.

I'm sorry for whatever happened in your life, but you don't have to perceive everything a challenge to your notoriety.
    There's no need to be a one man army.

Splash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit