Atheism is a Belief System

by seekchristonly 194 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty

Any opinion would be appreciated - GMJALMT

There is a very well thought-out opinion along with compelling evidence to support it in the video.

• givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

I watched the video Cofty. He also said i quote "you cant dismiss all patterns".

• cofty
    cofty

If belief sytems are a default setting should children not automatically worship something - GMJALMT

Children are programmed to believe and obey authority figures. Those who were not, tended not to become dinner for predators or fall over cliffs or get lost on the savannah.

It is the tendency to believe, along with our instinct to ascribe agency to random events that are expolited by religion.

Sothe rustle in the grass means that . Because it is not a pattern then belief systems kick in until it is learned what the rustle is ie wind or, enemy or predator. DOes that mean the system was already there before the grass rustles. If so how was it learned by the first human

• caliber
    caliber

Cofty if day after day you follow prescribed principles decided upon" in your mind" ... is this not a personal belief system ?

And if atheism is your accepted understanding is it therefore not the bases for your belief system ?

• cofty
    cofty

If so how was it learned by the first human - GMJULMT

There was no first human

WHo taught the first children to programme them to believe as they had no parent.

There must have been children before adults even in the primal sludge

• Viviane
    Viviane

...maybe not a belief in God but belief in something... it seems logical to me each must have a base foundation to arrive at personal conclusions

How so? If I don't believe in God, what is the other thing, according to you, that I must believe in? Does belief in God influence which toothpaste you choose? Which bread? Coffee? Garbage bags? If not, then why do you insist that lack of one belief must be supplanted by another?

How are you building a logical construct such that "not A = A"?

• Viviane
    Viviane

Cofty if day after day you follow prescribed principles decided upon" in your mind" ... is this not a personal belief system ?

No, it's personal principles.

And if atheism is your accepted understanding is it therefore not the bases for your belief system ?

I can't speak for Cofty, but my personal principle is to try to be a good person. What has that got to do with lacking belief in Jesus?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit