How old were you when you left the Watchtower - SURVEY

by usualusername 70 Replies latest jw friends

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

This is such an interesting thread. It's looking to me like it isn't as relavent how old a person was when he/she left but rather how long ago they left. The more crazy the cult has become and the more available the info is to the masses (internet etc.) the more are leaving. Hubby and I are both 3rd gen baptized at 13 and 12 respectively in the 60's. We didn't leave until discovering TTaTT in the last couple of years. We were almost 60. We are the ONLY ones in our families who have left. Either they never joined in the first place (distant cousins) or are still in or dead. FYI, we are no longer invited to family reunions.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

2 - 36. Started having serious doubts at 25 and hung around for way too long.

• smiddy
    smiddy

In at 19 yrs old left at 54 yrs old , the wife left the same time at 51 yrs old .

smiddy

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

My mother started studying when I was 8 and I completed my fade after discovering TTATT at age 48...so 40 years wasted in this cult.

I was baptized at age 15, mainly to please my mom. I nearly left around my 30th - became inactive, but still believed it was "the truth". I checked out a few BBS sites (early internet) but soon stumbled upon much bitterness and decided not to pursue. One elders visit was enough to draw me back.

This is why I strongly urge others to devote some time to (prayerful) reading and research so as to convince themselves it is NOT the truth and to be able to leave without guilt or fear. Also, though bitterness is a normal PCTS process, it is best not to get stuck here - as this works counterproductive in helping others.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Born in. Craptised at 13. Left at 53.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

First contacted at age 22 ish through d2d work (I was a depressed single mum) studied, moved house, recontacted again at 30, still a depressed single Mum, got married and divorced so now a single Mum of 3 and got baptised at 37 ish, but after movng house and doubts never went again after the memorial and another house move in 2009 age 49. Not been missed yet. Lol

• steve2
    steve2

Born in, left 27, never been back, turned 60 last birthday. Praise me that I had the balls to leave and get a life and still have years in front of me. Meanwhile, my JW relatives are bent double from the burden of slaving for an end than never comes.

• haboob48
    haboob48

born in, 3rd gen, left at 18, almost 30 years ago! Will be 50 this year.............yay!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Born in

Craptized at 16 (LOL @ punky)

Quit at 41 and pissed I didnt quit a lot sooner

Now 45 and loving my freedom!

• KateWild
    KateWild

In at 20 left at 40

Had a 7 year break, but still believed it was "the truth" until I learned TTATT at 39.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit