How old were you when you left the Watchtower - SURVEY

by usualusername 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Londo111
    Londo111

Baptized 15
    Faded 40

• Deceived
    Deceived

Raised JW from age 4 - baptized at 15 (under duress) - disfellowshipped at 18. Reinstated at 28 years old because I still believed it was the truth and I had 2 children who I wanted to save from Armageddon. Stayed in for 7 years but saw so much hypocrisy and lack of love so I disassociated myself in 1984. Never went back but still thought it might be the truth. Then in 2006 I discovered the exjw forums, especially this one and was set free with TTATT.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

I was 10 or 11 when my parents joined the rest of the family in on my dads side. Baptized at 21 so I could get married in the KH. Divorced at 34, attended my last Memorial in 1985, and never went again. Remarried a nonJW, best thing I ever did, never looked back, no regrets. Fortunately my parents or brother never shunned me, altho some cousins do. Their problem, not mine.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

born-in...dunked at age 13....left at age 31 and joined this lovely group

CHG

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Born-in. Was dipped in 1970 at 16 years of age. I thought it would really help me stop thinking about girls and also I did not want to be killed in 1975. Woke up in 2008 took a few years to fad then finally in Jan. 2011 at 56 years of age both my wife and I have never been to a meeting since. Moved in april of 2011 1000 miles away from were we came from. Life is much, much better now that we are totally out. Still Totally ADD

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

Born in - Baptized at 16 - Became a MS at 19 - Came to realization/understanding of TTATT at age 23 - Stepped down as a MS at 24 - Staying in, but no longer a senseless drone. Honestly stepping down felt good, but the guilt was very hard to deal with despite knowing all this is a fluke.

• KWJoe
    KWJoe

born in....dunked at 13.....df'd at 23....back in at 26.....df'd for the last time at 38. I guess I never really believed because I was living a double life....except for the three years I was disfellowshipped the first time.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Born in; left at 40 for good

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

5 when Dad got sucked in 12 when baptized 34 when I left 5 years ago. It took a few years to feel free. Lost my Brother in the process but still doing what I can to get him out.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

We were raised in. Both our parents began studing before we started kindergarden. We were both baptized as teenagers.

We married the 'proper' way and raised kids in this thing. We've all pioneered, had responsibilities and are well known in the area. I began to research and fade in my early 40's. After slowly sharing my discoveries, we all - at different paces - went inactive.

One heck of a journey.

ginger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit