How old were you when you left the Watchtower - SURVEY

by usualusername 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

In at about 16, out at 32. No family holding me in when I learned ttatt at 32.

• Imminent1975
    Imminent1975

I was a born in, fully indoctrinated from birth to believe the bs. I never had a chance. Baptised at an early 11 years old and left at forty-five years old. I'm over 50 now, and couldn't be happier. I am stating the facts not to brag, but to help others that think they have so much invested they don't want to leave, (unfortuneately, many older ones do think this way)

Interestingly, no one has called from any of the congregations since I've left, (not complaining). I moved to expedite the fading process but made the mistake of attending the congregation meetings for awhile. I've not been disfellowshipped, nor have I disassociated, but most of the mattering family shuns me just because they know I don't attend meetings, and I just don't have the hateful judgemental attitude they have, NOR do I care if they shun me.

So if you find yourself like I did, with a great amount of time, sacrifice, blood, and sweat invested in a religion you thought was shooting straight with you bringing you bible truths from the Almighty, all I can say is "don't throw good money away after bad". Meaning, not one expectation or so called "Truth" of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society has come true in the last 130 years of the great snipe hunt that we've all been on. With this fact, there is no reason to even think that any of their expectations will ever come true.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Born in and learned TTATT around 38 yo. It took me close to 10 years to excape.

• UN informed
    UN informed

I came in on my own at 15 years old, in 1961.

left in 2005 when my wife and I learned about the UN fornication, I was 59. My wife was born in and left in 2005, she was 60.

it really has been a monumental pleasure to be free of that horrible religion.

brant jones

• jam
    jam

Dipped at 23 out at 42....

• Never_Enough
    Never_Enough

Age 3-27

(dunked at 12, ms at 17)

• sporece
    sporece

Came in at 22 and left at 54.

32 years in and so glad to be out.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Left in time to celebrate my 40th birthday. Should have left many years before but believed I could find happiness with them. I couldn't.

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

27 - 60

• James Brown
    James Brown

I found my way out at 31.

I have been out for 31 years.

I was born in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit