How old were you when you left the Watchtower - SURVEY

by usualusername 70 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername
    usualusername

I believe that the older you are the harder it is to leave the Watchtower.

I am attempting to get a list of ages people learnt the "TRUTH" and what age they left.

For me it is:

0-31

Thanks

UUN

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I was in the borg 0-24. I learned TTATT at 16, but it took me that long to get out.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I got baptised at 13 and disfellowshipped at 21, reinstated at 24 then faded out pretty quickly since I loved being "in the world" and feeling like a normal person

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Also, I think how hard it is to leave has more to do with how old you were when you left. I think it has to do with how indoctrinated you are. I was homeschooled for most of my childhood, my father was an elder, my mother was a pioneer for a lot of my childhood, ALL of my family were witnesses, and needless to say, I was pretty indoctrinated. It was VERY hard to leave.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I was 19, after being disfellowshipped and reinstated, I just walked away. I had been raised in the troof.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

too old

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Thirty five, I told my wife I couldn't stomach the BS I was forced to give, and receive from the platform any longer. A month later we both walked away, and quite cold turkey. Best decision ever.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

20 after being brought up in it since birth.

Couldn't stand the pretentious lying made to proliferate the WTS. literature.

• hybridous
    hybridous

Born in and quit at 17. Never baptised, but more-or-less, made an official and deliberate exit.

Spent a decade trying to just 'get over' the abusive childhood. Things didn't improve for me until I went to therapy/counseling. It made a world of difference for me, and I strongly recommend it for exiting JWs.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Born in, baptized at 13 and left at 28. Cold turkey. I didnt leave that last meeting knowing it would be the last one. It was a couple weeks later that my wife in tears asked if I was going back after missing 2 full weeks in a row. I told her I couldnt do it anymore. She followed a year later when she was 28, also born in and baptized at 17.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit