How old were you when you left the Watchtower - SURVEY

by usualusername 70 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmac
    bigmac

Disfellowshipped at 17 for loving my neighbour.

seriously impressed now Tim Hooper------you really need to share details now. lol

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

0-15 baptized left at 17

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

My husband and I were not born in. We were contacted at our door and swallowed all the bull muffins like hungry pelicans. Zealous for several years, back and forth with it all many times, finally quit all meetings around age 58. Just recently send a dis-a letter so they wouldn't stop by our house anymore.

Our granddaughter had her first Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas last year, after her mother regained custody. We have something fun to look forward to all the time now.

Marina

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

0-40years old. April 12, 2006 was my 20th wedding anniversary. My husband was on the stage giving the Memorial talk. I left before the concluding prayer. The marriage and the religion were over that night with one swift, clean rip of the bandage.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Sadl;y I have not been able to leave yet.. but mentally out since I was 31. (Baptised at 16 cause my father pressured me)

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I was introduced to the JW religion by my newly-converted grandmother, when I was nine years old.

From age 11 onwards, I was an avid reader of WT propaganda, and at 14 agreed to the offer of a "free" home bible study.

Baptised at 17, and at 39 realised I could no longer keep up the charade anymore

(i.e. try to defend the indefensible ).

Bill

• bigmac
  • bigmac
    bigmac

why is it sometimes--when i go to reply---the options boxes-------bold--italics---underscore etc isnt there--so i post a blank--as above--then it appears ????

anyway

0-40years old. April 12, 2006 was my 20th wedding anniversary. My husband was on the stage giving the Memorial talk. I left before the concluding prayer. The marriage and the religion were over that night with one swift, clean rip of the bandage

thats a very interesting post--magwich--would you care to share more of your story ?

• ozbrad
    ozbrad

0 to 21 never baptised.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Parents became serious about the "truth" when I was about 7. I was baptized at 17.

Woke up at 28. Became completely inactive by 32 years old.

Lovin' every minute of it too, especially Saturday mornings - they are mine now!

So roughly seriously in as a JW from about 7 years old - 32 years old.

CoC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit