How old were you when you left the Watchtower - SURVEY

by usualusername 70 Replies latest jw friends

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

6 to 18

I was five when my parents began studying and six when we attended meetings. I was 15 when baptized but faded at 18. I attended off and on till I was 22. All my siblings are inactive including my parents. My mother still believes and attends once in a while but no field service.

Overall the religion didn't have any major impact on my life. The congregation actually helped my family out a few times; so I hold no big grudge against them. I went to college and for the most part the Elders left my family alone. I belonged to a congregation that had lazy Elders and Elders that were busy with their businesses.

• Blackbird Fly
    Blackbird Fly

I faded for a while 35-38 not realizing thats what it was called. Made the conscious decision it was all BS at 39. Had my first birthday party on my 40th =)

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

12 when my mom started studying, baptized a 17, left at 24

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I was never baptized, but I was a born in and never believed in the BS, I was in my early 20's and living at home when my elder father said I didn't have to attend the meetings anymore (much to the dismay of my mother).

• creativespirit
    creativespirit

Born in. Officially left in 1976 (what a surprise) at age 29.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

In at 13, out at 45

• Giordano
    Giordano

In at 12....baptized at 16 out by 23.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Born in ,walked away when I was 44yrs old .

It is hard ,but not impossible .and every year free gets better .

• finally awake
    finally awake

I was exposed to the Borg as a child through my uncle, but I didn't start studying until I was 29. I was baptized at 30, and left at 41.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Born in, baptized at 14, wanted to leave at 16 but didn't want to disappoint mother, left finally at 45 didn't learn ttatt until 64 finally totally free at 66.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit