Good Netflix shows to watch

by Simon 67 Replies latest social entertainment

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

"Johnny Carson, king of late night" -- my wife and I watched it last night. I thought it would be a few hours of highlights of his shows over the years. Yes, it included some highlight moments but it was more than that. It was actually a video biography, very penetrating which included his downs as well as his ups. We'll watch that one again when we have friends over.

Sabrina, a 1954 movie starring Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart, and William Holden. Surprisingly, Hepburn was some 16 years old at the time. Bogart, though playing an excellent role as older brother to Holden's character, was visually too old for the part. He died three years later at age 57.

Nymphomaniac, a 1913 documentary-like movie. I couldn't get some of the scenes of this one out of my head for several days.  Don't tell the elders on me as this was the most explicit set of visuals I've ever seen in my 74 years. It probes the experiences of one European woman beginning with her childhood years as she relates them to an intellectual stranger who rescues her from a back alley near his apartment. Don't watch it if looking at hundreds of penis' and vaginas are taboo in your book.

The first episode of Hitchcock is very good, the second is so-so, but I look forward to exploring the rest.

Touch, with Kiefer Sutherland is quick moving, a bit far-fetched but will probably watch more than the two episodes I've seen.

The Family. Robert DiNiro et al is well done.  Lots of the stuff that may happen when a Wise Guy and family goes into the Witness Protection program in a foreign country (France).

The Dust Bowl. Excellent Burns documentary and I learned a lot how that happened in the 1930's. But it can be said in half the time.

Len

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf
    Mad Men
  • Hortensia
    Hortensia

Alaska State Troopers

There's also one about Navajo Police

Reruns of Dr. Who, Torchwood

All the British detective/cop/crime shows are good

Oh goodness, I'm seeing a pattern here . . .

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    I was just reading on the internet that the crtc is trying to limit Canadian access to U.S, shows on Net Flix. I'm not surprised. Sigh
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Sons of Anarchy

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Idiot Abroad

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused
    If you like football and fantasy football or comedies, The League is really funny. 
  • leaving_quietly
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I thought Hell on Wheels was pretty good, its about American rail road developers in the old west

Its a series that gets addictive to watch   

• Dagney
    Dagney

The Honorable Woman.

The Assets

Angharad,  I think you might enjoy "Happy Valley" and "The Bletchley Circle" both excellent BBC productions. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit