Good Netflix shows to watch

by Simon 67 Replies latest social entertainment

• Simon
    Simon

In the long winter nights you need some good TV shows to watch while you wait for the eternity between seasons of Game of Thrones.

We've watched Marco Polo (pretty good) and have just started watching Orange is the New Black which is not at all what I imagined (didn't know it was funny!). House of Cards is on the list too as we've heard good things about that.

Anyone have any others that are worth seeing?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I liked Hemlock Grove.

I would also recommend catching up on Firefly if you haven't already seen it.

Is Carnivale available on Netflix, too?

• Angharad
    Angharad
    I'm enjoying Call the Midwife - typical well done BBC drama.
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Friday night lights is a good show.    Me and Mrs Iggy both enjoyed it 
  • AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    "The Blacklist"  starring James Spader is good.
  • KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Enjoyed Orange is the New Black and House of Cards. Game of Thrones is on my list. 

I'm enjoying Walking Dead.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Mostly stuff from TV that is now on Netflix

Breaking Bad. Walking Dead, Dexter, The Dollhouse.

I liked the first few seasons of Haven.

They only have the first season so far but I just watched Bates Motel, I little teeny bopper but still interesting.

• Simon
    Simon

When I hear someone *hasn't* watched Game of Thrones yet it reminds me of what someone said to us when we told them we hadn't seen any Breaking Bad: I'm so envious that you get to enjoy watching it all fresh, I wish I could forget it so I could watch it all again.

Actually, both shows stand up to repeat viewing pretty well - although there is some element of "what's going to happen" mystery / intrigue, the quality of the writing / acting / production just makes them so watchable.

I'm still a little bitter that Dexter was so good all the way through and then had a non-ending. The original producer's ending would have been awesome.

• Dagney
    Dagney

A little rough, but "Sons of Anarchy."  Loved it.

Would recommend "Justified," but just found out Netflix dropped it but it is on Amazon Prime.

BBC "Luther."

"Homeland."

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

HELIX is pretty darned good. It has several flavors of Sci-Fi in a 28 Days Later w/o Zombies sort of way.

MARCO POLO is absolutely ravishing!

The movie JERRY and TOM is great fun! BTW it is not the animated cat and mouse--it's about hit men.

THE 100 is a sci-fi series which is about 80% good. The few lapses can be overlooked, for the most part.

2 DAYS IN THE VALLEY is delicious fun and extremely well-written and performed.

BBC short series: FLEMING: THE MAN WHO WOULD BE BOND was outstanding!

The series THE KILLING may be the best thing I've seen in years! The depth of story and performance is absolutely top-notch.

THE WEST WING (Aaron Sorkin) was so wonderful I watched the whole thing twice!) Best writing of intelligent people you'll find on TV with the sole exception of SHERLOCK.

The AWAKENING is wicked good spooky!

Series called TERRIERS is off-beat in the finest way possible. I loved it.

The flick STAKE LAND is a scathingly cool vampire hunter genre.

BROKEDOWN PALACE is superb in every way imaginable.

British TV series JEKYLL is written by the writer of SHERLOCK, so you know it is excellent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit