Good Netflix shows to watch

by Simon 67 Replies latest social entertainment

• marmot
    marmot

I'm a Netflix documentary freak. God Loves Uganda and Waiting for Armageddon are two cringe-worthy ones for an ex-jw viewer. I also loved all the PBS Front line documentaries as well as the Cosmos miniseries with Neil de Grasse Tyson. I actually got my JW mom to watch the first couple episodes, hopefully a grain of curiosity was planted.

As for movies, I loved Red State, Oldboy (the Korean original, not that crappy Hollywood remake) and Hara-Kiri.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

This is such a good thread.

I've been watching a show I enjoyed when it was new:  Archie Bunker's Place, on Youtube.  So many things on each episode that I forgot about, things that remind me of what it felt like to live back in those years.  And I loved how well Carroll O'Connor played that character. Martin Balsam was just great too.  I never realized how sexy he was - when the show was first on and I was young, he just looked like an old man to me, LOL!!!

Marina

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Another netflix documentary that was fabulous:  blackfish.  Fantastic. 
  • Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Just started watching Portlandia - fabulous satire.

Rake is fabulous too, the Australian original not the US version. It's about an off-the-rails barrister.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze
    I'm sure someone already said it but Arrested Development. If you don't find that show funny then you need to do some soul searching. 
  • OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

I don't know if this has already been said but there's a new comedy/dramadie show coming to Netflix in March called Unbreakble Kimmy Schmidt created by Tina Fey and starring Ellie Kemper from the office.

The reason why I'm looking forward to it is because apparently it's about a woman who leaves a cult and starts her life over in New York! That premise has got me pretty excited for obvious reasons...

Synopsis from IMDB: "A woman escapes from a doomsday cult and starts life over again in New York City."

• talesin
    talesin

Great thread!  I am housebound, and on the one hand, sick of TV, but on the other, always looking for a good series to watch.

Lots of good 'recommends' in this thread.  Thanks!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew
    I like grimm, dexter, the originals, forever, hannibal and i was sad to see the Fringe series end
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This new comedy sitcom looks like its going to be a popular winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNKEKlXY3Z4

• Dagney
    Dagney
    I see "The Fall" was mentioned.  It was recommended to me a few weeks ago and binged watched it while working on year end paperwork.  Good series.  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit