Good Netflix shows to watch

by Simon 67 Replies latest social entertainment

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Right now, I don't think it will be there for long, is the excellent 2013 music documentary "Muscle Shoals". Aside from the fantastic history that I was unaware of, the filmmakers did an outstanding technical job. This is one not to miss.

I found it fascinating to learn about the people behind the music sound of the late 60s and 70s. Plus, I lived in the general area of the country at that time so it was even more fascinating.

• Trailer Park Pioneer
    Trailer Park Pioneer

Marco Polo is good, rent "Cold in July" with Micheal C Scott it will throw you in a weird direction.  The end of Dexter sucked, I read where he helped some fan propose to his wife in Colorado at the Indy Festival.  

The show "The 100" was recently added to Netflix, can't say it did anything for me.

• Simon
    Simon
    Done a glut of two seasons of Walking Dead and finding S3 a bit repetitive. The story is basically move to new place, fight zombies, stay in place, find other people, fight other people, fight more zombies, move on.

Yeah, I think it get's a little too depressing. Nothing ever goes right, they never get a break, everyone they meet is either a nut, out to kill them or a nut out to kill them.

It's a good show but needs a few more bright spots / victories from time to time. It's picked up a bit the last half-season we watched although ended on a downer.

• Odrade
    Odrade
    The Fall with Gillian Anderson. Next 5 episodes are about to drop. 
  • bohm
    bohm
    Not sure if this is on netflix but Orange is the new black, game of thrones and walking dead. 
  • quest81
    quest81

House of Cards is brilliant, I watched all of it in one go when it was released lol

Hell on Wheels is pretty good I think.

Orange is the New Black is good with a dark sort of humor, watched it last winter.

Marco Polo, just started 2 episodes in so far - slow start for me, we'll see how it goes.

Luther, 2 episodes in, liking it so far.

Arrow, like it all caught up.

Sons of Anarchy, pretty good, dark poetry in there, Keith Sutter's storytelling is captivating.

Mad Men, the 50s and 60s must have been great! I enjoy this show.

Boss, in the fashion of House of Cards, good stuff, Kelsy Grammer makes one 'good' bad guy.

About a Boy & The Office (UK & US), when you need a laugh or two.

• coalize
    coalize
    One of my prefered series lately, except Games of throne, ineligible to compete, was Shameless. But I don't know if it's on netflix!
  • quest81
    quest81
    coalize: I watch the US version of Shameless (Showtime). It's outrageously entertaining. The UK version is available on Netflix just queued it thanks to you :)
  • coalize
    coalize
     I watch the US version of Shameless (Showtime)

the US version is really more crazy (in a good way) than the UK version. But it's just my opinion!

• Giordano
    Giordano

For those of you who want a bit more then The Walking Dead try Z Nation on the SyFy network.  In Z Nation, a group of people work together to transport the only known survivor of the plague from New York to California, where the last functioning viral lab is located.

The Zombies just don't walk slowly and lurch they Run fast as they lurch.

The first baby Zombie....the first zombie bear and wolf.

A literal Tornado of Zombies.

A massive dust storm created by a million zombies traveling over dry land.

The show can be laugh out loud funny or 'Oh My God' sometimes in the same scene.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit