Good Netflix shows to watch

by Simon 67 Replies latest social entertainment

• Giordano
    Giordano
    Sorry if anyone saw the Youtube trailer in my post it looked a little too gory to see it without a warning so I took it down.
  • Londo111
    Londo111
    I'm addicted to Arrow. Almost as dark as the Dark Knight. 
  • MaxTan
    MaxTan

I'm a big fan of spy/espionage tv shows. My favorites:

- Homeland 

- The Americans (about cold war era "illegals", sometimes a lot like being a fader who knows TTATT ;))

- Spooks (UK version, not the cut up us version)

IDK if they are on netflix but if you can get them from, ahem, somewhere, then do. They are very good.

• Simon
    Simon

We watched Homeland and liked it but I think we're missing a season (maybe even two).

Our kids like Arrow and The Flash - I've only seen the crossover episodes that were pretty good. I'll maybe give Arrow a go on it's own.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia
    Troll Hunter is hilarious, there's another one that I think is called something like Rare Export that is a very similar sort of funny. Similar sense of humor -- though a different kind of story -- to Lars and the Real Girl.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I am a Netflix addict.

I liked The Killing - and also The 4400. The same actor who played the politician in The Killing is in 4400. Both are set in Seattle, I think - some filming done in Vancouver.

I like British TV series. And foreign. I like looking at different scenery and sets. 

Bletchley Circle - great cast of women actors.

Foyle's War - a crime drama set in Britain during WW2. Episodes are an hour and a half or so.

Appropriate Adult - a true life account of Fred and Rose West. i have a morbid fascination with insanity - this is a well done account told from the point of view of the woman assigned to Fred during legal proceedings.  It gives a good view into a madman's mind. 

The Bridge has a great plot - but it is subtitled - gotta pay attention. 

Broadchurch - a disturbing crime drama.

Movies:

The Secret in Their Eyes 

District 9

• Simon
    Simon

Broadchurch was very good. Can't believe they saw the need to remake it as a US version (with David Tenant playing the same role). They also made a new UK series of it which starts here in a week or two.

I like Call the Midwife and most modern history stuff (yeah, Downton Abbey too - don't judge me!!) so I'll check out some of those others.

Derek was good - quite moving at times (still waiting to see the xmas special which ties it all up).

Weren't they making a follow up to District 9 set 5 years later when the alien returns as he promised? That was a good movie - gritty and 'different' to typical sci-fi (what, Aliens didn't visit LA for once?!?!)

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Something else that was refreshing about district 9 was that it didnt have a "hero" as such.  The main character was deeply flawed and somewhat unlikeable but in the end you wind up feeling sympathy and some connection to him in the end.....

Several have mentioned Sons of Anarchy... I absolutely loved that show but im not sure it would be simons cup of tea.  It plays to americans gun facination and is pretty brutal in its violance but man its a heck of a ride

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

The Killing was really good.

• coalize
    coalize
    Maxtan :
    The Americans

Oh yes! I like this serie a lot too! Very interresting. 

In the same vein, I liked a lot Covert affairs and Person of interest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit