Survey---who is inactive, disfellowshipped/disassociated or active?

by minimus 115 Replies latest jw friends

• rubbeng
    rubbeng

Active, free mentaly - 1 year

• Londo111
    Londo111

Paul did his own thing because he had a direct relationship with God without a hierarchy of men intervening. He advised the Galatians to embrace this freedom and not be beholden to men. When prominent men from Jerusalem made trouble, he told them off face to face. He wasn’t beholden to whatever their status was.

The Watchtower Society, however, believes you must embrace the full range of their teachings and obey them in everything, even if it makes no sense. If you do not embrace their hierarchy 100% in word and deed, and it becomes known, then they will cast you off. It is all or nothing with them.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

DF'ed fo 20 years...mentally left 15 years before that.

• munch
    munch

Active for family, but mentally out 12 years.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Active for family for now, mentally out for 2 years.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Inactive 20 years. Moved 5 years ago 2500 miles move and no JWs know me. Much calmer

• caliber
    caliber

Londo111 good points..

here is one thought Paul says in Gal 1:11 -12

For I put you on notice, brothers, that the good news which was declared by me as good news is not something human

neither did I receive it from man, nor was I taught it except through revelation by Jesus Christ

Neither did he have to pass his thoughts through a GB...

Gal 1:17 neither did I go up to

jerusalem ... in conference

• sporece
    sporece

Inactive since 2007...sneaked out and never to be found again.

• Mum
    Mum

I moved to the other end of the country in 1979. Harassment has been minimal and far, far in the past. My daughter chose not to be a JW(!), but her dad still is.

• GoUnion
    GoUnion

Inactive for almost 6 months or so. I'm happier, healthier, and i have a little more cash in my pocket.

I find it interesting how many people here live productive, peaceful lives, and no doubt have a positive effect in their community. seems to fly in the face of the bitter, angry, prideful, mentally diseased, and rebellious, depection so many of us were taught.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit