Survey---who is inactive, disfellowshipped/disassociated or active?

by minimus 115 Replies latest jw friends

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

Inactive and left alone for 3 years now :) Not one meeting attended. Cold turkey stop.

• LivingTheDream
    LivingTheDream

I'm a "fader" since the summer of the year 2000, inactive at least a year before that time.

I got one and only one visit since that time. This person was not even an elder, just an MS that was a "friend checking up on me". Maybe the Christmas tree I had in my living room being decorated by my live-in girlfriend in her sexy sleepwear scared him away? Hard to say...

Anyway, I've been pretty much left alone all this time, but I still can talk to anyone I wish should I run into them by accident without them backing off in horror when seeing me. It's usually a fairly pleasant, if not short, conversation.

And that's just the way I like it.

Brock Talon

• DogGone
    DogGone

Baptised as a teenager in 1993. 100% all-in.

Disfellowshipped 2003 - "loose conduct".

One year of trying to get reinstated. The reinstatement meeting was an eye openner. Absolutely terrible. I was denied, of course, but I had expected that. It was the asinine questions, the sheer incompetence and lack of care... my life, even my eternal life, was hardly worth a 15min conversation to these guys. So concluded the most painful period of my life.

Fully woke up from the period of 2004 to 2006. Getting professional assistance for my issues helped (whereas all the study/service/prayer/meetings never had). Having an inactive friend disfellowshipped for attending a function with me marked the first time I felt comfortable calling it a cult.

Am extremely happily married and have a brand new daughter (3 weeks old). Many of my JW friends left during the interim period. We are still good friends and I love them all very much. Remarkably, one who left before me returned. This after years trying to convince me my faith was wrong... such a strange planet. Course, as an Elder's son he never was disfellowshipped for his open drug use, sex, divorces, apostasy, etc. Such is the way of man made power structures and those who know how to game the system. I was stupid enough to go to the elders and confess everytime I sinned.

When I look at my daughter and lovely wife, I can't be bitter for anything. It brought me to this, humbled me greatly, instructed me on mercy, and forged a strength in me I did not know I had.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Converted in 1973 at age 22. Letter of disassociation dated March 18,1989, mentally out for a year or two before that.

• warehouse
    warehouse

active. almost an MS, lol. should i call it off?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

July 2008 last meeting except 2009 memorial faded then two years later DA. No regrets

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit