Sign of the Time of the End ---> Armagaddon

by Waiting4TheKingdom 125 Replies latest jw friends

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I can’t help but think the WTS leaders felt strongly that a window of time of almost 40 years in length would clearly show them finally as being true prophets.

And now WT has an "overlapping" generation...in essence, buying themselves another 40-50 years before they need to come up with a new ridiculous explanation as to why Armageddon is still not here.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Soooo... almost a day has passed.... And Still, Armageddon Has Not Arrived.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/cookie_monster_waiting.gif

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

To Rebel8..........

Thanks for the scans, now downloaded. Another of your excellent posts.

• tenene
    tenene

I coul be wrong, but I think this poster is a troll feeding on our emotions. I would advice moderators to watch him closely.

• factfinder
    factfinder

The OP seems to have disappeared.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Newbies have restricted posting limits. This is a sparkler that has fizzled out. When he gets more posts we might hear from him again. Or Armageddon will be upon us. Whichever comes first.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I coul be wrong, but I think this poster is a troll feeding on our emotions. I would advice moderators to watch him closely.

Yes just someone trying to stir up emotions.

I have to say, whenever i see someone making a point that very very soon, the UN will attack organized religion and destroy it, i just can't quite understand how i actually believed that stupidity. It is one of the most implausable things i've ever heard. For that to happen, the UN would really have to cease to exist, since that is not compatible with it's charter. That is, of course if the UN had any power to do anything at all, which in in the real world, it doesn't.

I can just imagine in a country like the US, anybody trying to outlaw religion. The federal government here is scared to even taking a stance on gay marriage. Ironically, they don't take a stance because of the very religious feelings people have on the subject. And they would try to outlaw relgion? What a completely idiot idea.

• johnamos
    johnamos

It’s sad to see the many here that have allowed the becoming aware of the WTS/GB’s lies and errors to cause you to no longer read and use the bible to make your arguments, as well as just flat out loose faith and belief in Jehovah and Jesus.

Back up in time to when you went to the kingdom hall as a JW in good standing before you ever were aware of the things you are aware of now. Did you believe in Jehovah and Jesus then??? Now add in all that you do know now (what y’all like to call TTATT) about the WTS/GB. None of that should change your view of Jehovah and Jesus and the bible!!! If anything it should strengthen your faith!!! WHY??? The scriptures state that those lies and errors (In fact a very BIG error) are part of Jehovah’s people. (For starters read: Ezekiel 13:1-16, 1 Corinthians 4:8, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12)

In that regard, Waiting4thekingdom is CORRECT in what they stated for #3. Only thing is, JW’s are oblivious to the scope and reasons that this attack will come upon them. This is due to the lies from the GB (stupid prophets).

Reading the book of Joel without any preconceptions, but with just a straightforward reading it’s clear that all 4 insects as a whole make up the “great military force” also known as the “northerner”. The following confirms that assertion.

[Insight Volume 1- COCKROACH

The prophet Joel foretold a devastating onslaught by a horde of insects that would desolate the land, mentioning the cha·sil´ last, as the insect that consumes whatever has been left behind by the others. (Joe 1:4) Later, the prophet tells of the time when there will be blessings and forgiveness. The invader will be turned back and compensation made for what the cha·sil´ and the other members of God’s “great military force” have eaten. (Joe 2:25)]

[Joel 1:4 What was left by the caterpillar, the locust has eaten; and what was left by the locust, the creeping, unwinged locust has eaten; and what the creeping, unwinged locust has left, the cockroach has eaten.]

[Joel 2:20 And the northerner I shall put far away from upon YOU, and I shall actually disperse him to a waterless land and desolated waste, with his face to the eastern sea and his rear section to the western sea. And the stink from him will certainly ascend, and the stench from him will keep ascending; for He will actually do a great thing in what He does.’]

[Joel 2:25 And I will make compensation to YOU for the years that the locust, the creeping, unwinged locust, and the cockroach and the caterpillar have eaten, my great military force that I have sent among YOU.]

[ Highlights From the Books of Joel and Amos

If they do, Jehovah will “show compassion upon his people” and will put far away the northerner”—the insect assault. w07 10/1 pp. 12-15 - The Watchtower—2007]

Even with the 2013 revision of the New World Translation replacing “caterpillar” with “devouring locust” and “cockroach” with “voracious locust” as to now make all 4 insects to be locust, that still does not change that all 4 insects as a whole make up the “great military force” also know as the “northerner”. Also at Joel 1:6 these insects are said to make up “a nation” rather they are referred to as the caterpillar, locust, creeping unwinged locust, and cockroach or as the devouring locust, swarming locust, unwinged locust, and voracious locust,this “nation” of insects/locusts is the great military force/northerner.

[10-1-02- WT For instance, the Bible tells us that Satan, in his role as “Gog of the land of Magog,” will make an all-out attack against Jehovah’s servants, mobilizing hordes that are described as “a numerous military force . . . , like clouds to cover the land.” (Ezekiel 38:2, 14-16)]

[(Ezekiel 38:2, 14-16) 2 “Son of man, set your face against Gog [of] the land of Ma´gog, the head chieftain of Me´shech and Tu´bal, and prophesy against him.14 “Therefore prophesy, O son of man, and you must say to Gog, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: “Will it not be in that day when my people Israel are dwelling in security that you will know [it]? 15 And you will certainly come from your place, from the remotest parts of the north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great congregation, even a numerous military force. 16 And you will be bound to come up against my people Israel, like clouds to cover the land. In the final part of the days it will occur, andI shall certainly bring you against my land, for the purpose that the nations may know me when I sanctify myself in you before their eyes, O Gog.”’]

[Joel 1:6 For there is a nation that has come up into my land, mighty and without number. 2:2There is a people numerous and mighty…4 “Its appearance is like the appearance of horses, and like steeds is the way they keep running. 5 As with the sound of chariots on the tops of the mountains they keep skipping about, as with the sound of a flaming fire that is devouring stubble. It is like a mighty people; drawn up in battle order…11 And Jehovah himself will certainly give forth his voice before his military force, for his camp is very numerous.]

[Joel 2:25 And I will make compensation to YOU for the years that the locust, the creeping, unwinged locust, and the cockroach and the caterpillar have eaten, mygreat military force that I have sent among YOU.]

[Joel 2:20 (NWT) And the northerner* I shall put far away from upon YOU, and I shall actually disperse him to a waterless land and desolated waste, with his face to the eastern sea and his rear section to the western sea. And the stink from him will certainly ascend, and the stench from him will keep ascending; for He will actually do a great thing in what He does.’

*chirper (One who chirps…chirp - A short, high-pitched sound, such as made by an insect)

(GNT) I will remove the insect army that came from the north

(KJV) But I will remove far off from you the northern army,

(MSG) I'll head off the final enemy coming out of the north

(NCV) I will force the army from the north to leave your land

(NIRV) I will drive far away from you the army that comes from the north.

(ERV) No, I will force the people from the north to leave your land]

[1-15-04 WT- As foretold in Ezekiel chapter 38, Satan will soon complete his role as “Gog of the land of Magog.” This will involve a worldwide attack on Jehovah’s people. It will be an all-out attempt on the part of Satan to break the integrity of God’s loyal ones. As never before, worshipers of Jehovah will need to call upon him earnestly, even crying for help.]

[Joel 1:5,8,9,13,14 “Wake up, YOU drunkards, and weep; and howl, all YOU wine drinkers, on account of sweet wine, for it has been cut off from YOUR mouths. Wail, as a virgin girded with sackcloth does over the owner of her youth. “Grain offering and drink offering have been cut off from the house of Jehovah; the priests, the ministers of Jehovah, have mourned.“Gird yourselves, and beat YOUR breasts, YOU priests. Howl, YOU ministers of [the] altar. Sanctify a time of fasting. Call together a solemn assembly. Gather together [the] older men, all the inhabitants of the land, to the house of Jehovah YOUR God, and cry to Jehovah for aid.

Joel 2:12,17 “And now also,” the utterance of Jehovah is, “come back to me with all YOUR hearts, and with fasting and with weeping and with wailing. “Between the porch and the altar let the priests, the ministers of Jehovah, weep and say, ‘Do feel sorry, O Jehovah, for your people, and do not make your inheritance a reproach, for nations to rule over them. Why should they say among the peoples: “Where is their God?”’]

[mourn- to feel or express grief or sorrow;

breast beating- a loud, demonstrative, and often exaggerated display of grief, remorse;

howl- a long wailing cry;

weep- to express emotion, such as grief or sadness, by shedding tears;

wail- to utter a prolonged, mournful cry, as in grief or suffering.

help- aid or assistance

aid- to help or furnish with help, support, or relief]

[4-1-07 WT -The other sheep are happy and grateful to serve Jehovah under the oversight of the slave class and its Governing Body. They recognize the anointed as members of “the Israel of God.” (Galatians 6:16) As figurative “strangers” and “foreigners” associated with spiritual Israel, they joyfully serve as “farmers” and “vinedressers”under the direction of the anointed, the “priests of Jehovah” and ‘ministers of God.’ ]

[11-1-04 WT- As we near the end, Satan will cause the nations to manifest their hatred against Jehovah’s people. (Ezekiel 38:10-12, 14-16)]

[Ezekiel 38:10-12,14-16) 10 “This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, ‘And it must occur in that day that things will come up into your heart, and you will certainly think up an injurious scheme; 11 and you must say: “I shall go up against the land of open rural country. I shall come in upon those having no disturbance, dwelling in security, all of them dwelling without wall, and they do not have even bar and doors.” 12 It will be to get a big spoil and to do much plundering, in order to turn your hand back upon devastated places reinhabited and upon a people gathered together out of the nations, [one] that is accumulating wealth and property, [those] who are dwelling in the center of the earth 13 “‘She´ba and De´dan and the merchants of Tar´shish and all its maned young lions—they will say to you: “Is it to get a big spoil that you are coming in? Is it to do much plundering that you have congregated your congregation, in order to carry off silver and gold, to take wealth and property, to get a very great spoil?”’ 14 “Therefore prophesy, O son of man, and you must say to Gog, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: “Will it not be in that day when my people Israel are dwelling in security that you will know [it]? 15 And you will certainly come from your place, from the remotest parts of the north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great congregation, even a numerous military force. 16 And you will be bound to come up against my people Israel, like clouds to cover the land. In the final part of the days it will occur, and I shall certainly bring you against my land, for the purpose that the nations may know me when I sanctify myself in you before their eyes, O Gog.”‘]

[6-1-81 WT- Joel 3 2-16, 19 It tells us why Jehovah is angry with the nations—because of the way they have treated his servants. They scattered them among the nations, making slaves of them. Also, they robbed Jehovah’s temple of its gold, silver and other desirable things, and brought these into their own temples. They did violence to the sons of Judah and shed innocent blood.]

[spoil -To plunder; despoil

plunder -To rob of goods by force, especially in time of war

rob -To take property from (a person) illegally by using or threatening to use violence or force - captive- a person who is enslaved or dominated

enslave- To make into or as if into a slave]

Quote from Ciro Aulicino speaking about Gog’s attack. “What the Future Holds” talk-

[“What's the point? Brothers, we should expect them to despoil us of our human rights. We should expect them to confiscate all of Jehovah's belongings and close down and take possession of all our branches, factories, depots, kingdom halls, assembly halls, everything. Don't make any mistake about it. We are all in this together. We have a common enemy.”]

[Joel 1:6 For there is a nation that has come up into my land, mighty and without number. 7 It has set my vine as an object of astonishment, and my fig tree as a stump. It has positively stripped it bare and thrown [it] away. The twigs of it have become white. 10 [The] field has been despoiled, [the] ground has gone to mourning; for [the] grain has been despoiled, [the] new wine has been dried up, [the] oil has faded away. 11 Farmers have felt shame; vinedressers have howled, on account of wheat and on account of barley; for the harvest of [the] field has perished. 12 The vine itself has shown dryness, and even the fig tree has faded away. As for [the] pomegranate tree, also [the] palm tree and [the] apple tree, all the trees of the field, they have dried up; for exultation has gone ashamed away from the sons of mankind. 16 Has not food itself been cut off before our very eyes; from the house of our God, rejoicing and joyfulness? 17 Dried figs have shriveled under their shovels. Storehouses have been laid desolate. Barns have been torn down, for [the] grain has dried up. 18 O how the domestic animal has sighed! [How] the droves of cattle have wandered in confusion! For there is no pasturage for them. Also, the droves of the sheep have been the ones made to bear guilt. 19 “To you, O Jehovah, I shall call; for fire itself has devoured the pasture grounds of [the] wilderness, and a very flame has consumed all the trees of the field. 20 The beasts of the field also keep longing for you, because the channels of water have dried up, and fire itself has devoured the pasture grounds of the wilderness.”]

[4-1-07 WT -The other sheep are happy and grateful to serve Jehovah under the oversight of the slave class and its Governing Body. They recognize the anointed as members of “the Israel of God.” (Galatians 6:16) As figurative “strangers” and “foreigners” associated with spiritual Israel, they joyfully serve as “farmers” and “vinedressers”under the direction of the anointed, the “priests of Jehovah” and ‘ministers of God.’ ]

[9-15-88 WT- Why, learning that Gog’s attack is imminent but that Jehovah will rescue His people ought to increase our faith and make us rejoice that such events will result in sanctifying God’s long-profaned name!—Ezekiel 39:1-29.]

[Ezekiel 39: 23 And the nations will have to know that it was because of their error that they, the house of Israel, went into exile, on account of the fact that they behaved unfaithfully toward me, so that I concealed my face from them and gave them into the hand of their adversaries, and they kept falling, all of them, by the sword. 24 According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions I did with them, and I kept concealing my face from them.’ 25 “Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, ‘Now is when I shall bring back the captive ones of Jacob and actually have mercy upon all the house of Israel; and I will show exclusive devotion for my holy name. 26 And they will have borne their humiliation and all their unfaithfulness with which they have acted toward me, when they dwell on their soil in security, with no one to make [them] tremble. 27 When I bring them back from the peoples and I actually collect them together out of the lands of their enemies, I will also sanctify myself among them before the eyes of many nations.’ 28 “‘And they will have to know that I am Jehovah their God, when I send them in exile to the nations and actually bring them together upon their soil, so that I shall leave none of them remaining there any longer. 29 And I shall no longer conceal my face from them, because I will pour out my spirit upon the house of Israel,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah.”]

[Joel 3:1“For, look! in those days and in that time, when I shall bring back the captive ones of Judah and Jerusalem, 2 I will also collect together all the nations and bring them down to the low plain of Je·hosh´a·phat; and I will put myself on judgment with them there on account of my people and my inheritance Israel, whom they scattered among the nations; and they apportioned out my own land.]

[3-15-61 WT-The opening verse of Isaiah 29 shows that these words are addressed to Ariel, concerning which the footnote of the New World Translation states: “‘Ariel.’ Meaning, perhaps, ‘the altar hearth of God’; or, ‘the lion of God.’ Designating Jerusalem here.” This prophecy would therefore apply to spiritual Jerusalem as represented upon earth by the remnant. These words show that God’s earthly organization would come under attack and would be reduced to a very low state by the enemies of God’s kingdom. God’s people would be, as it were, crushed to the earth, at the time of Gog’s attack upon them, so that what utterance they made, what vocal sounds they made, would come up from low down in their abasement. It would be sound coming up from the very dust of the earth. It would be as if a spirit medium were talking with the vocal sound coming from the dust of the earth. However, the next verses show that God would turn his attention to his faithful people who had been brought so low and he would work miracles on their behalf to deliver them from the power of the enemy so that their enemies and oppressors would become like dust and chaff that are quickly blown away by a violent windstorm.]

[29 “Woe to Ar´i·el, to Ar´i·el, the town where David encamped! Add year upon year, YOU people; let the festivals run the round. 2 And I have to make things tight for Ar´i·el, and there must come to be mourning and lamentation, and she must become to me as the altar hearth of God. 3 And I must encamp on all sides against you, and I must lay siege to you with a palisade and raise up against you siegeworks. 4 And you must become low so that you will speak from the very earth, and as from the dust your saying will sound low. And like a spirit medium your voice must become even from the earth, and from the dust your own saying will chirp. 5 And the crowd of those strange to you must become just like fine powder, and the crowd of the tyrants just like the chaff that is passing away. And it must occur in an instant, suddenly. 6 From Jehovah of armies you will have attention with thunder and with quaking and with a great sound, storm wind and tempest, and the flame of a devouring fire.”7 And it must occur just as in a dream, in a vision of the night, regarding the crowd of all the nations that are waging war against Ar´i·el, even all those waging war against her, and the siege towers against her and those making things tight for her. 8 Yes, it must occur just as when someone hungry dreams and here he is eating, and he actually awakes and his soul is empty; and just as when someone thirsty dreams and here he is drinking, and he actually awakes and here he is tired and his soul is dried out; thus it will occur with the crowd of all the nations that are waging war against Mount Zion.9 Linger, YOU men, and be amazed; blind yourselves, and be blinded. They have become intoxicated, but not with wine; they have moved unsteadily, but not because of intoxicating liquor.10 For upon YOU men Jehovah has poured a spirit of deep sleep; and he closes YOUR eyes, the prophets, and he has covered even YOUR heads, the visionaries. 11 And for YOU men the vision of everything becomes like the words of the book that has been sealed up, which they give to someone knowing the writing, saying: “Read this out loud, please,” and he has to say: “I am unable, for it is sealed up”; 12 and the book must be given to someone that does not know writing, [somebody] saying: “Read this out loud, please,” and he has to say: “I do not know writing at all.”13 And Jehovah says: “For the reason that this people have come near with their mouth, and they have glorified me merely with their lips, and they have removed their heart itself far away from me, and their fear toward me becomes men’s commandment that is being taught, 14 therefore here I am, the One that will act wonderfully again with this people, in a wonderful manner and with something wonderful; and the wisdom of their wise men must perish, and the very understanding of their discreet men will conceal itself.”15 Woe to those who are going very deep in concealing counsel from Jehovah himself, and whose deeds have occurred in a dark place, while they say: “Who is seeing us, and who is knowing of us?”]

[siegeworks-The surrounding and blockading of a city, town, or fortress by an army attempting to capture it.

palisade- A fence of pales forming a defense barrier or fortification.

pale-A stake or pointed stick; a picket.

mourn- to feel or express grief or sorrow;

lamentation- a lament; expression of sorrow]

[Luke 19: 43 Because the days will come upon you when your enemies will build around you a fortification with pointed stakes and will encircle you and distress you from every side,]

[4-15-12 WT- “As events unfold during the great tribulation, Christians will need to heed instructions from God’s Word and organization. For example, Jesus’ command to “begin fleeing to the mountains” has a modern-day application. Just what form our flight will take remains to be seen. However, we can be sure that Jehovah will make clear the meaning of those instructions when the time comes for us to follow them.]

[Luke 21: 20 “Furthermore, when YOU see Jerusalem surrounded by encamped armies, then know that the desolating of her has drawn near. 21 Then let those in Ju·de´a begin fleeing to the mountains, and let those in the midst of her withdraw, and let those in the country places not enter into her; 22 because these are days for meting out justice, that all the things written may be fulfilled. 23 Woe to the pregnant women and the ones suckling a baby in those days! For there will be great necessity upon the land and wrath on this people; 24 and they will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations, until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled.]

[Revelation 11: 2 But as for the courtyard that is outside the temple [sanctuary], cast it clear out and do not measure it, because it has been given to the nations, and they will trample the holy city underfoot for forty-two months. (This is associated with the time the two witnesses prophesy for forty-two months, which takes place during the time the 6 th angel blows his trumpet/the 2 nd woe.)]

[Revelation 13:5 And a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies was given it, and authority to act forty-two months was given it. 6 And it opened its mouth in blasphemies against God, to blaspheme his name and his residence, even those residing in heaven. 7 And there was granted it to wage war with the holy ones and conquer them, and authority was given it over every tribe and people and tongue and nation. (This authority to act forty-two months is associated with the time the two witnesses prophesy for forty-two months and the holy city is given to the nations to be trampled, which takes place during the time the 6 th angel blows his trumpet/the 2 nd woe.)]

• rebel8
    rebel8

this is an Apostate website

IIRC, it's a site about jws, and everyone's welcome.

This site was started by active jws.

• kaik
    kaik

Johnamos, what is your point? Where do you get that people on JWN do not read bible. 2/3 of humanity does not share a belief that bible is a word of God. Jews do not care what is written in NT, it is not part of their holy text. Jews do not believe that Jesus was/is Messiah. Whatever is written in Revelation is absolutely irrelevant to their faith and beliefs. Before you start to preach, please be also aware what Judaism say about Satan (and Gog/Magog), which is completely different from Christianity. You cites Joel, yet you use Christian beliefs invented by Catholic church centuries after the death of Jesus. Do you besides bible read anything else? It does not show it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit