What is this new Announcement to take place in August?

by Quarterback 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• avaddohn94
    avaddohn94

I have no idea what this "announcement" will be, but in all honesty, it scares me to think most of my loved ones will buy it (whatever it is). My fear grows when I remember this crazy statement that was recently made by the Watchtower: "At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not" (The Watchtower - Study Edition, November 15, 2013).

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

The announcement?

Thank YOU, good bye.

Thanks for the 4 billion dollars, tschüss!

YOU can go home now, or wherever the GB may want to send you...

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I've heard it is something to do with the 144000.

Now their backs are up against it, Holy spirit has suddenly moved them to issue nooo lite............... 'The number is symbolic'

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The people who died in Sodom and Gomorrah WILL be resurrected.

Rub a Dub

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

There are several big announcemeets coming this summer. It has all of the elders in my family in a frenzy about Jehovah speeding up the work and his chariot going into high gear. My relatives that are in the circuit work went so far as to say they doubt the system will last past this year and that we should expect a big fulfilling of a major prophecy in October.

Most JWs are really excited by the changes and have become more critical of nonbelievers. They see the new donation arrangement as a loving act. They are excited about the changes with the RBC and the supposedly new (not remodeled) 15,000 Kingdom Halls to be built in preparation for the new world.

It's all quite ridiculous.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Last night I spoke to my friend (who is also out) whos Bro is an Elder Serving in bethel. He said one change has to do with the ministry, the other is a major doctrinal change. He also hinted at a major publication being revised ( im guessing reasoning book). It will be announced at this year's company meeting ( which he mentioned will now be officially done the way it was done last year). This will be announced by letter sometime in August or at the before the beggining pf the new service year. He said "Since we are all domestics, we should all participate in the annual meeting". His bro told him all this because he feels the same thing about gods chariot and he wants him to come back...blah blah blah

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

They write as if Jehovah God has given them special insight & we should listen to them even if it seems 'ridiculous' to human eyes.

They want more & more of OUR material assets whilst telling US not to make the accruing of material things our aim in life.

All the while they salt away more & more money, a commodity that shouldn't feature too highly in the sheeples lives according to the GB, you know 'storing up treasures on Earth'........'moth & rust' etc.

Yet they spend a fortune on a beautiful house, to be a so-called a 'translation unit', with panoramic views of the Menai Straits.They will of course keep the details of its true use to themselves

The anmount being spent on the GB 'retirement' complex must be astronomical.....nothing but the best for good ole J you know.

I have had over 50 years of trusting them & througout all of this time their 'insight' has always proven to be of their own making.

Hoab

• blondie
    blondie

The people who died in Sodom and Gomorrah WILL be resurrected.

Rub a Dub

But not those in the flood?..........

The WTS always combines those 2 events when discussing who will not be resurrected.

*** w88 6/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

Consequently, in addition to what Jude 7 says, the Bible uses Sodom/Gomorrah and the Flood as patterns for the destructive end of the present wicked system. It is apparent, then, that those whom God executed in those past judgments experienced irreversible destruction.

*** w60 1/15 p. 53 This Is a Time of Judgment ***

Since the supreme Judge never makes a mistake, there is no need for him to take under review any judgment that he has passed. His judgments are final. That means the people who perished in the flood of Noah’s day will never be resurrected to stand trial again. The same is true with the people of Sodom and Gomorrah as well as Adam and Eve. All had their judgment day before the great Judge of the universe and all were sentenced to destruction. They will never have a conscious existence again. The same will be true of those in the present judgment period whom God will destroy at its conclusion.

*** w52 6/1 p. 334 par. 5 “Get Out of Her, My People” ***

It is likely that for the majority of men who have lived on the earth the time of their judgment will be in the millennial reign of Christ, at the time of the resurrection of mankind and thereafter. However, long before this many persons will have had their time of judgment, as the Scriptures show that God has brought certain judgment periods upon human society at certain times, during which God held them accountable for their course of action. That they might be really accountable at such times, he caused testimony to be given that they might know the issue and make their decision, by which they would determine their destiny, independent of any inherited condemnation from Adam. One of such judgment periods was the flood of Noah’s day, prior to which Noah preached righteousness. Another was the fiery end of Sodom and Gomorrah, which cities saw warning miracles by angels and heard testimony from Lot before the rain of fire fell. In Jesus’ day it was a time of judgment and he warned certain Jewish cities of a fate like that upon Sodom and Gomorrah, and judged certain scribes and Pharisees fit for the eternal destruction of Gehenna. Our present day is also a time of judgment, and by the time Armageddon strikes all persons then living will have fixed their destiny.

*** w52 6/1 p. 349 par. 24 Fixing Destinies in This Judgment Period ***

Some in the preflood world who died before the deluge may be resurrected; some Sodomites who died before fire and brimstone rained down may return; some Jews of Jesus and the apostles’ day not destroyed by the Roman executional forces may live again. But not those slain by the Lord in the Flood, or in the fiery rain on Sodom, or in the judgments executed A.D. 70, or during Armageddon.

• oppostate
  • oppostate
    oppostate

In August 2014 there's a worldwide campaign to advertise JW.Org.

JW's will be distributing brochures explaining JW.Org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit