New to The Jehovahs Witness Faith and need some help

by jnjburkett 171 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I have infact mentioned meeting my friend at the Y to many at the meetings. INCLUDING the elders.

(one of them being my friends father)....jnburket

photo BULLSHITMETER34343.jpg

............................................................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

YYou are not telling the truth. I'd you read the watchtower you would see going there is the equivalent of apostasy... it's in your watchtower library. I was an elder. A sister in our hall was told to quit her job there immediately. If she refused a judicial committee would be formed. This was not unique. This is not allowed. Either you are trolling or you are studying with a group you think are jws.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

At least you are starting off your jw life as a liar. You will fit right in

• jnjburkett
    jnjburkett

Well i am trully sorry that you feel that way. But as I have stated that is infact where i meet my friend, we meet there every morning in fact (except Sundays)

I am not trying to bring you back into the religion or anything like that i honestly just wanted to know if there was anyone in a simliar situation that would be able to anwser my question.

• Viviane
    Viviane

You are so full of shit. Just stop.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

....................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

It was all going so well. It could have been the park, or grocery store, or a taco stand..... But to say I contacted and meet with JWs at the YMCA is like saying you meet Mormons at the Pub.

It disturbs me more that you drug military service into all this. I highly doubt that bit is true either.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Well, JW did go to YMCA recently and posted a pic of himself at YMCA on facebook and many witnesses liked his picture. I got confused, maybe they look the other way now.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

The Bible does address serving in the military, directly and indirectly. Genesis 14, 1 Samuel 13:2; 24:2; 26:2, Matthew 8:5-13, Matthew 8:5; 27:54; Mark 15:39-45; Luke 7:2; 23:47 ; Acts 10:1; 21:32 ; 28:16.

That aside; do you know that you are being recruited by a high control group. Why don't you do some research, analysis and tests. Read from apologetics, critics and opposers first, then draw your own conclusions.

… “People do not knowingly join “cults” that will ultimately destroy and kill them. People join self-help groups, churches, political movements, college campus dinner socials, and the like, in an effort to be a part of something larger than themselves. It is mostly the innocent and naive who find themselves entrapped. In their open hearted endeavor to find meaning in their lives, they walk blindly into the promise of ultimate answers and a higher purpose. It is usually only gradually that a group turns into or reveals itself as a cult, becomes malignant, but by then it is often too late.” “When your own thoughts are forbidden, when your questions are not allowed and our doubts are punished, when contacts with friendships outside of the organization are censored, we are being abused for the ends never justify the means.

When our heart aches knowing we have made friendships and secret attachments that will be forever forbidden if we leave, we are in danger. When we consider staying in a group because we cannot bear the loss, disappointment and sorrow our leaving will cause for ourselves and those we have come to love, we are in a cult… If there is any lesson to be learned it is that an ideal can never be brought about by fear, abuse, and the threat of retribution. When family and friends are used as a weapon in order to force us to stay in an organization, something has gone terribly wrong.” -Deborah Layton Jonestown Survivor

Ismael

• Ding
    Ding

As far as the military is concerned, when soldiers asked John the Baptist what to do, he didn't tell them to leave the military.

Luke 3:14... he told them not to extort money or accuse people falsely and to be content with their pay.

Cornelius (Acts 10) was a Roman centurion.

Peter didn't tell him he had to leave the military in order to become a Christian.

A Roman centurion was one of only two people Jesus said had "great faith." (Matthew 8:10)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit