New to The Jehovahs Witness Faith and need some help

by jnjburkett 171 Replies latest jw friends

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

GET THE "F" OUT, LIKE NOW... BTW, welcome.

DD

• DJS
    DJS

Jnjburkett,

I agree with ConfusedandAlone. You seem to have made your mind up. Keeping it closed to what is actually the truth about the JWs will not serve you well, and you will live to regret it. Like others on this site, I was in the org. for several decades, serving as an elder before exiting 20 years ago. Since that time I have had no contact with the family members remaining in the org. That is the way it is, and if that appeals to you by all means continue your association with them.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

jnjburkett - Over the past few years, I have come to learn that there are numerous falsehoods taught by the people I thought had the TRUTH!

If you want any examples just ask - I'll be only too willing to share the results of my Bible-based research with you. Then you can test what's offered to you.

As a Witness, you will NOT be encouraged to test any of your new beliefs. The opposite!

Proof? Read this, from the September 2007 Kingdom Ministry - Question Box:

Does "the faithful and discreet slave" endorse independent groups of Witnesses who meet together to engage in Scriptural research or debate?—Matt. 24:45, 47 .

No, it does not. And yet, in various parts of the world, a few associates of our organization have formed groups to do independent research on Bible-related subjects. Some have pursued an independent group study of Biblical Hebrew and Greek so as to analyze the accuracy of the New World Translation. Others explore scientific subjects related to the Bible. They have created Web sites and chat rooms for the purpose of exchanging and debating their views. They have also held conferences and produced publications to present their findings and to supplement what is provided at our Christian meetings and through our literature. Thus, "the faithful and discreet slave" does not endorse any literature, meetings, or Web sites that are not produced or organized under its oversight.—Matt. 24:45-47.

You can find this on the Watchtower Library CD ROM.

Believe nothing until you've tested it! (1 John 4:1)

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

I'm a 3rd gen JW (54)being shunned by children and grandchildren for going inactive the last 2 yrs. Not even Didfellowshipped. 20 close family in all .Its hell .

Run to JWfacts.com to learn the real truth about this Publishing company "religion"

• Comatose
    Comatose

Hi jn. I was raised a Jehovah's Witness. I love my parents. They were good to me and loved me. But I decided last year that I did not want to be a Jehovah's Witness. Since They do not allow you to leave, they disfellowshipped me and now they all shun me. Even my parents. It's very very sad. Please be aware that if you get baptised you can never leave without everyone shunning you. Imagine if your family converted too and then you had to shun one of them? Never talk to them or see them again.... That's not right.

I hope you find the truth you crave. Please look hard at all the evidence before you decide. My daughter lost her grandparents because of this religion.

• OnTheWayOut
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Good luck.

• jnjburkett
    jnjburkett

I truly thank all of your for your words :) I do find some of them quite confusing. you state that witnesses are not allowed to go to the YMCA? wierd thats ACTUALLY where i met my friend that i began studying with... at the YMCA. we worked out together for 4 months became super close and about 3 months into our friendship (i had already met all of her family (all witnesses) NONE of them mentioned the faith to me..) Another girl that we work out with told me that she was a Witness and I was intregued. and began asking questions. THATS when she invited me.

I understand what you are saying and i appreciate all of your comments.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Other than the military, are there other questions of theirs they have deferred yet, offering to answer them later in the study?

• nugget
    nugget

Your study gradually conditions you to do and accept things that you would never consider in the beginning. They say "you will know what to do" because they know that if they told you what is acrually expected at this early stage you would think they were crazy people. What they mean is when you have been conditioned enough you will judge your families choices and want to distance yourself from them. You will not want to support them because you will think that what they do goes against God. you will feel uncomfortable around them because their choices are different from your choices so you will distance yourself from them and spend less and less time with them. You will constantly feel the need to make a stand for your beliefs because keeping quiet will be seen as a compromise. JWs do not compromise. You be absent from all the family celebrations they hold dear, you will not celebrate their birthdays, be part of family Christmas or attend a military funeral. You will be pulled away from your family.

I am sad for your family as you sound like a supportive and loving daughter who has respect for the things your family holds dear. This religion will ask you to make many sacrifices in it's name and give up a lot of the things that you take forgranted. You will change from the person you are now and you won't even realise it is happening. You will be told that people who disagree with this religion may be well motivated but they are influenced by Satan and you shouldn't listen to them. You will trust the organisation more and your family less. A religion that will demand as much from you as this one needs to deserve the level of commitment they will require. You need to be very sure of that before you drive a wedge between yourself and your family.

These people mean well but they are already conditioned to believe that theirs is the only true religion and there is nothing else. They will not read anything that is critical of their faith and never check the cited references in their literature. Check everything and if they lie to you remember that this religion calls itself the "truth".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit