New to The Jehovahs Witness Faith and need some help

by jnjburkett 171 Replies latest jw friends

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

JNJBURKETT - Welcome to the group!!

I've been 'in' for several years, and now I'm leaving. Don't study the literature - study the Bible!! Your lack of knowledge of the Bible makes you easy prey for my fellow Witnesses.

Over the past four years, I've been witnessing - to WITNESSES!

I've been showing them lies in the literature and TRUTHS in the Bible, and not ONE of them has been able to refute what they've been shown!!

Do not go any deeper. Get information from those who are here, verify what you are told, then ask your study conductor to give you an explanation.

• jnjburkett
    jnjburkett

Thank you Objectivetruth. That is very comforting to see and hear. Noone that i have studied with or met at the meetings has tried to correct me it was more on myself. Everyone has said to me that i will know what to do and how to feel when the time came for me to make that choice. From reading the scriptures you showed me i can see that i do not have to turn my back on family which is very comforting. Also I can support my BROTHER just not the war that he is in because Jehovah will be able to see the good in my heart <3 Thank you.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Great replies so far.

Now my questions is how has everyone made that happy medium of supporting thier family members who are in the service and loving and supporting Jehovah.

There is absolutely no "happy medium" with Jehovah's Witnesses. No matter what they tell you, they will slowly get you away from non-JW family and to the point of thinking it is best to leave them alone. Learn about Jehovah's Witnesses and feel free to develop a good relationship with God without their help.

No- really. I am being totally serious. Jehovah's Witnesses are opposed to war and try to encourage members to limit association with outsiders. They would definitely frown on your going to Bon Voyage parties or Welcome Back parties for a military person.

• cofty
    cofty

jnjburkett - Does it not seem like hypocrisy for the Watchtower to condemn the military while benefitting from the security that comes from the sacrifice of others?

OTWO is being totally honest. I am a former elder. Once you are baptised you will never be allowed to go to a medal ceremony or welcome home parade or any event in any way connected with the military. My son is in the Air Force. His passing-out parade and later his medal ceremony were among the proudest mements of my life. Being a JW would forbid you from attending these sort of events.

Please see JWFacts.com for a balanced source of information.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Welcome jnj ... the scriptures may provide you with comfort that you can support your BROTHER, but the fact is, the JW religion will not alow you to support him as a military person, that is why you were told you will know what to do when the time is right, because if the person studying with you told you how the JW religion expects you to be about the matter, they figure you will be stumbled from studying, they realize that once you progress in studying and become fully indoctrinated, you will fall in line automatically with what they tell you is correct.

• jnjburkett
    jnjburkett

I understand everything that you are saying because i have seen and heard all that before OnTheWayOut. But here is the deal nothing that anyone I have meet at meetings have said or done support any of what is on the site you showed me. In fact.... as far as them trying to slowly pull me away from family? YESTERDAY i found out that my non-JW stepdad is in double kidney failure. A friend (whom i knew for about 4 months before finding out she was a witness - there goes the not talking to anyone that is not in the faith) immediatly offered to pick me and my non-JW mom up and drive us 3 hours to sit with my stepdad while he went thru his first dialysis...

NOONE has forced me, NOONE has scolded me for having views, when I have questions they are anwsered using the bible... These are things that are appealing to me.

I should point out that I am the one that asked her about her faith and her religion and then kind of invited myself to some meeting with her family. She never pushed anything on me.

• talesin
    talesin

Everyone has said to me that i will know what to do and how to feel when the time came for me to make that choice. From reading the scriptures you showed me i can see that i do not have to turn my back on family which is very comforting. Also I can support my BROTHER just not the war that he is in because Jehovah will be able to see the good in my heart

They are LYING to you. My family have been Jehovah's Witnesses since the 1800's ...

When the time comes for you to make that choice, you will know what you have to do to remain a member in good standing (that's what they call it) in the congregation. Not what your heart chooses, but what the Elders counsel you to do. If you do not obey, you will suffer the consequences.

If you are considered to be 'spritually weak' because of your association with 'worldly' family members, especially those who are OMG in the Military (the horror!), then the social invitations will dry up, and the whispering will start.

Oh well, please, do lots and lots of research ... don't just take our word for it. Keep your eyes wide open.

I also encourage you to check out the recent suits brought against the Jehovah's Witnesses organization re covering up child sexual abuse. There have been many cases where they settled out of court, and last year, one of their victims won a 27 million USD lawsuit because of that very reason. It's all onilne.

tal

• cofty
    cofty

It will all change when you are baptised.

We all have decades of experience, some of us as former elders and pioneers. We know exactly how it works.

We never pressured a bible study to cut ties with family. That happens gradually later.

It is NOT optional but it is all deniable.

There are so many broken family relationships among members of this forum it is astonishing.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

jnj.... you are a new study, the love is poured on, it is called love bombing .... the JW's are good people, most of us here are or were JW's, many have been elders, many have been Witnesses for decades ... we can offer you the side of the story that they won't give you at the Kingdom Hall.

• jnjburkett
    jnjburkett

Talesin.... Doesnt that happen in EVERY religion. I can remember the same thing happening in the Catholic religion on a huge scale not too long ago.

So because 30 teachers out of 10,000 have done horrific things should you NEVER send your children to school again???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit