New to The Jehovahs Witness Faith and need some help

by jnjburkett 171 Replies latest jw friends

• jnjburkett
    jnjburkett

No not at all. If i have asked a question she or he depending on who i have asked has anwsered right away. They led me to the bible and gave me some scriptures to read. asked me what if i got the anwser and what i had interpretted it as.

I just am having a hard time believing that they are trying to "suck me in" because it is me who is actually the one that is so excited. The reason we are doing two bible studies a week is because my husband and I WANT to. not because they are forcing us. She has talked to me about many of the "negatives" and I agree/understand them after reading scripture.

• DJS
    DJS

jnjburkett,

Your initial experience with JWs appears to be with nice people, and there are many nice people in the org. However, these nice people will absolutely NOT be your friend, or even speak with you, if you become baptised and at any time thereafter break one of their rules and become DFed or 'marked.' Also, if you ever move around to different areas, you will find a much different attitude about some of the things you mention. If you do begin disagreeing with anything, remember to keep it to yourself, as you will be marked, JWs will stop associating with you and if you receive the scarlet letter (A -for apostate or D for disfellowshipped), none of them will have anything to do with you for the rest of your life unless you 'repent' to the JW ways.

I would tell anyone inquiring about the Watchtower the same thing: run, as far away from it and as fast as you can. There are many very nice people in it, but the org. is full of darkness, control and hatred. You will likely one day come to this realization.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Happy trails in your bible study. I personally don't like cherry-picking scriptures. I read the verses before and after, making sure I have the full sense of the author's intent.

There's plenty of military stories in the OT, LOL.

• talesin
    talesin

I'm really surprised you met them at the YMCA. That is such a 'no-no' ... wow.

Well, all the best! I'm just watching the film on youtube that was posted on a previous page, Truth Be Told... it's quite interesting. Give it a watch. :)

take care,

t

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

JNJ do us alllllllllllllllllllllllll a favor. At your next meeting tell the Elders that the person studying with you goes to the YMCA on a regular basis... You will then see the crazy begin to come out in this religion. I BEG YOU to please tell the elders in your hall the person studying with you goes to the YMCA

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hello jnj ... A lot of good hearted people have responded to you.

Do you understand that your freedom of thought, expression, clothing style, music, movies, associating with "worldly" people, family members, is in danger of disappearing?

You are not even allowed to buy Girl Scout cookies. Did you know that?

Jw's look down on anyone who goes to University, I kid you not! Did you know that?

What is it these JW's are holding out for you as a carrot???

New "friends" that will drive you for "free" 3 hours to visit your very ill step-father?

I know normal people that would do that, and I do not have to "join' their religion.

Jw's count "time" on you (think Brownie points). They counted all the time driving you in the car, at the hospital, and every minute they spend with you. You represent a gold mine of "time" for them.

Did you really think you had made instant "friends"??? Well, did you?

In JWLand having a "Bible" (Watch Tower publications, only) study gives JW's status in the Kingdom Hall. It gives them status at their Circuit Assemblys and also at their District Convention. It gives your study conductor bragging points.

You are cha - ching , hours of time, they are counting on you.

You are "studying" Watch Tower publications twice a week???

Cha-ching, cha-ching. Oh, you are a gold mine of time, they can easily count on you. Did you know that?

Cha-ching, cha-ching. Maybe we can take her shopping??? Cha-ching, cha-ching.

You sound like a dear, earnest, sweetheart, caring human being.

My advice, my 2 cents worth is , run as fast as you can. Hold all your family members close to you and let them know how much you love them and do not let anything or anybody get in the way of that.

LoisLane

PS Please keep in touch with us here on JWN and let us know how your Life is going for you.

Take care and I hope your step-father is better soon.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

jnburkett - Heed these people - they have, all of them, personal knowledge of the

true nature of the Watchtower Society. Think about it. Do you really believe eight old men

in New York are the "sole channel of communication" between you and God?

The "Governing Body" claims Jesus is not your mediator, they are. That in itself should

cause you to flee from them, because they are "standing in the holy place" claiming

to substitute themselves for Jesus Christ. The "other sheep which are not of the fold"

are the Gentiles, and the littel flock are the Jews, Jesus came to unite all mankind in

one body of Christ. The WT teaches that you cannot belong to the body of Christ at all.

Did you go to the "Memorial" ? Did you see that no-one partakes of the bread and wine

as Jesus asked us to do ? The only other group who gets together and refuses to partake

are the Satanists as evidenc of their rejection of Christ. The witnesses do not represent

Jehovah or Jesus Christ, they are worshipping an organization and a governing body.

Jesus Christ is NOT an angel. And the only time you will hear him mentioned is a footnote

at the end of a prayer. And if he were an angel, as they believe what are they doing praying

to an angel ? Anyone who disagrees with anything written in the Wachtower is shunned as

an apostate. Did you know that ??? Including their own children.

• Witness My Fury
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The reason we are doing two bible studies a week is because my husband and I WANT to. not because they are forcing us.....jnburket

2 Bible studies?!....JW`s don`t have Bible Studies,they Never Have..

Your "Studying Watchtower Literature",about the Watchtowers interpretation of the Bible..

During your "Watchtower Literature Study"..

You`ll read a few Cherry Picked scriptures in the Bible,to support WBT$ Doctrine..

Then It`s back to "Studying Watchtower Literature" about the Bible..

It`s Bait and Switch..

Your offered a Bible Study,then "Study Watchtower Literature" about the Bible..

It`s one of many Watchtower Deceits you`ll be Expected to Accept..

........................................................................................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• a watcher
    a watcher

jnj, always remember that the most important thing is your personal relationship with Jehovah. Whatever draws you closer to Him, that is what you should do. Don't ever let anyone or anything get between you and Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit