What is spirit, exactly?

by Viviane 609 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

I think we need another 28 pages on what is a metaphor? Any situation/meaning/concept can be made into a metaphor but this doesn't mean it is a metaphor now or in the past, even if it is described in metaphorical language sometimes, or if some people see that the concept has metaphorical potential. Plus there is a lot more at stake here because - more than acceding that it is someone's opinion that spirit is just a metaphor and therefore we ought to let it go - we are being invited to terrortorialise the meaning of a word that powerfully resists terrortorialisation since it opens into a spacious place of flows, disconnections, and new relations in human geography. (Unless of course viv you are saying something else that I haven't grasped).

• Splash
    Splash

viviane what is the relevance of that question? How will it get us closer to an answer of what is spirit made of?

jgnat The usefulness of polls:

snare Also what is the value in taking a poll on the belief of spirit on a religious forum. The data is bias beyond any value........and the answer has nothing to do with reality or truth.

It appeared to me the interest in this topic was waning with few contributors.
    I thought a simple poll might re-engage some posters or some lurkers.

It would be pretty stupid to think a poll is anything other than a collection of peoples opinions

Splash

• Viviane
    Viviane

Wow Viv, what a great question and great responses. I am not sure what it means that you have reached page 28 on posts, but I'll bet you had no idea you question would hit such a nerve.

In any event, As far as I am concerned the spirit is what we take from previous generations and hopefully move forward.

Thanks! That as good of an answer as any!

I give what is spirit exactly?

It would appear it's "whatever you want it to be".

• Viviane
    Viviane

Plus there is a lot more at stake here because - more than acceding that it is someone's opinion that spirit is just a metaphor and therefore we ought to let it go

Odd that you see this thread as more that just asking a question. Where was anyone asked to cede their opinion? Also, you don't seem to understand how metaphors work.

we are being invited to terrortorialise the meaning of a word that powerfully resists terrortorialisation since it opens into a spacious place of flows, disconnections, and new relations in human geography.

No, no one was invited to do any of that. Also, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

goodness I don't even feel like snorting or guffawing anymore.

• Viviane
    Viviane

My day is looking up already, then.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

book ref for anyone who's interested For Space by D Massey

• Viviane
    Viviane

Off topic, Ruby.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

a space invader?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Complete deja vu. Wow.

FHN, you yet again manage to contribute nothing while desperately trying to fine a way to feel superior to everyone.

Well, you of mediocre perceptive powers, couldn't be further off on this assessment, Viv.

That was a genuine deja vu. I've seen nearly those exact same comments, on a different thread, between Cailber and Jgnat before. I'm being way serious here. I had to do a double take.

Just to kind of make an effort to clear this up for your relatively newbie self, Caliber and I go way back and we know each other off the board. My comment was for him. Do think you think it even slightly possible that you are taking yourself and this thread too seriously? Like you've uttered over and over again, ad nauseum, this thread isn't about you.

I'm going to be honest here: I don't find you inferior. I do however find you a good bit prissy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit