Rumor: New light comes from outside marketing consultants

by Londo111 80 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Magnum
    Magnum

Londo111, thank you for the opening post. I appreciate the way you presented it - not dogmatically, but with caution. I want to know about anything you hear like that whether it turns out to be true or not.

-------------------------------

OneEyedJoe. I agree with your entire post, which is indicative of very good insight and discernment. I, too, don't think they need 1919. The days of JWs' knowing about and understanding and even caring to understand such are gone.

donuthole, I agree with your entire post, too, and it, too, is indicative of very good insight and discernment. In it you stated "The 1800's image of sincere, humble Bible students is giving way to the flashy excesses of the rest of Christendom." That statement, to me, is an indication of a good sense of discernment on your part. I believe that sense of discernment is why you're here and no longer in JW land. JWs lack such discernment and that's why they're still JWs.

The image I used to have of JWs was one of seriousness, boldness, strength, humility, courage, intelligence, wisdom, knowledge, dignity, willingness to be different and be persecuted, willingness to suffer and sacrifice, etc. JWdom truly has changed. That serious dignity has given way to glitter, corniness, shallowness, happy-clappiness, ignorance, silliness, lack of dignity, and (as you indicated) a similarity to what JWs refer to as "Christendom". They might as well join up Joel O'steen.

Theredeemer, I agree whole-heartedly. Brilliant analysis.

• Londo111
    Londo111

When I look at people like Anthony Morris and Stephen Lett, it makes me doubt some of this. They seem to believe their own hype.

It makes me wonder. If this were just a business looking to survive and increase profit, why would they let these folks on the stage?

And why not let Loche take the stand?

Sometimes it seems that they are bumbling at the wheel of the ship as they head toward the lighthouse.

• steve2
    steve2

These so-called non-witness "consultants" may actually be Witnesses who are in the consultancy field such as organizational psychologists. There is not necessarily any need to have worldy consultants advising the GB. Besides, consultants are usually hired under extremely strict rules of confidentiality - which is standard among forms and corporations who undergo re-brandings.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think that the very subtle way that New Light is introduced and the words actually used in presenting it is evidence that the "Consultants", whoever they are, are drawn from "JW's". I put those two letters in Parenthesis because such people cannot be true brainwashed 100% believers themselves.

Outside, never been a JW consultants, would simply not have the insight and knowledge necessary to expedite the intoduction of Noo lite so effectively.

The re-branding may have involved some outside input, but not matters of Doctrine.

Just my 2 cents.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

steve2 - "These so-called non-witness 'consultants' may actually be Witnesses who are in the consultancy field such as organizational psychologists."

That makes way more sense.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2000242

WhatOthersSayAboutJehovah’sWitnesses

While other churches hire consultants to lure people into the pews or grapple with modern-day issues such as homosexuality and abortion, the Witnesses make no concessions to a changing world. They still systematically canvass the Earth.”—TheOrangeCountyRegister of Orange County, California, U.S.A.

Interesting!

• rebel8
    rebel8

I have a little hard time believing actual doctrine comes from outside, but it does seem they have been rebranding themselves, like jgnat said. The logo/URL seems like what JC Penney did with JCP.com. Simple and easy. The cartoons and other stuff--just seems like marketing savvy.

Perhaps conversations get going with consultants and they learn how to appeal to certain demographics who are more likely to join or stay in. Maybe they study what doctrines are turning people off, stats on why people are dfd, etc.

• kairos
    kairos

When Tony Morris said: "take it up with God!" in his tight pants talk, he was likely preparing JW's to accept anything.
    I mean really, who want's to "take anything up with God?"

What a disaster...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Thanks to M.A.S.H. for posting this:

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2000242

What Others Say About Jehovah’s Witnesses:

While other churches hire consultants to lure people into the pews or grapple with modern-day issues such as homosexuality and abortion, the Witnesses make no concessions to a changing world. They still systematically canvass the Earth.”—TheOrangeCountyRegister of Orange County, California, U.S.A.

This is abundantly clear from "Tight Pants" Tony's recent rant about tight suits, colored sox and women's workout clothes. There's no way any consuling agency would have let him give that completely homo-phobic talk.

I've had dyed-in-the-wool, Yes, I'll drink Kool-aid, thank you, JWs tell me they thought his talk was "over-the-top," "just his opinion," "very bizarre," "what was he thinking?" and other epithets that show that even fully indoctrinated JWs think that loser has gone off-the-rails.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sometimes it seems that they are bumbling at the wheel of the ship as they head toward the lighthouse.

Well said.

The old time experienced dubs of my acquaintance are sure that the present bunch on the G B are not a patch on the ones who died . "Still, Jehovah has to use what he has left from the dwindling anointed"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit