Rumor: New light comes from outside marketing consultants

by Londo111 80 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• trujw
    trujw

The only thing that will change them is less members and less money. You can take that to the bank!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I think it's plausible that they bring in consultants. It might be paid or it might be voluntary by a non-witness thinking they are doing a charitable deed. Or a relative of a JW.

When Seven006 went for his consultating trip, I don't think they paid him.

-Aude.

• baltar447
    baltar447

To clarify, these are JW accountants:

There's a 5 man committee that the borg flys from different bethels in different countries a few times a year and they are the ones behind the financial changes and they have the GB's ear. The idea about the new Kingdom Hall construction funding came from this committee. The main accounting office in Brooklyn has had some lazy habits develop over the years that the GB got wind of, and this was one of several reasons they formed this committee. None of the GB are on this committee.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

redvip2000 - "Doubt it. As deluded as the GB is, even they know this would be too much a risk."

Agreed.

Consulting elements of "Satan's World" for advice on how to proceed? I don't think so.

The WTS prefers to keep things "in-house" as much as humanly possible.

Case in point, their legal department; all JW lawyers.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I did an interesting search for watchtower corp on linkdin....... interesting. educated professionals, but JWs are not supposed to get a higher education? Working at the Watchtower rarely means they make $$ if the persoon is a JW. This is considered a great honor to serve the big J is it not? Am I corrrrect on this?

I still hold to the belief there are JW or maybe non JW lawyers that really control the $$$$ and a LOT of the plannings and policy that is presented.

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

The outisde marketing and psychologist sounds more like a consporacy theory to me, but I would say they do hold a "marketing" mentality with all these changes. Just a few days ago, my mother told me that when her Field Service group met, the Elder taking the lead read a Kingdom ministry from last year, saying that the focus has been moved more from preaching door to door, to public places because more people are being found outside than at home.

To change the Blood doctrine and 1914 within short periods of time is way too heavy. It's like their two signature doctrines. If one were to change, the other would need to happen much after.

• zebagain
    zebagain

I fear to get past the coming publicity of another monumental failure the gb will go down the well worn track other despots have used and create a situation that will bring the wrath of governments down on all things wts. and then scream 'PERSECUTION, PERSECUTION.!'and to hell with the costs human and $$ on the ordinary jw.

• kaik
    kaik

Majority of JW are sheep and they do not care what WT teaches. If WT will change 1914 into new date and with it all the nonsense like 1918/1919 and cr.p in Revelation, majority will not will not even shrugged to it. WT has moved away from generation that will never die to overlapping generations and members did not leave organization in masses.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I've heard some whoppers in my time, but that piece of writing just takes it to a whole new level. That's in the Super whopper category.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

London111 I believe there is a truth in this rumour. There will be big changes in the near future. There are cliffhangers used for implementing these changes.

All changes are made to keep the organization fit for future. They do it with a theological flavor.

A multi bilion corporation uses externel advisors and consultants thats a fact.

They must have a 20 year strategic plan.

Yes is's a corporation selling religious dreams. Like Disney for children, there is Watchtower for the family.

(And yes, there are some benefits living the Watchtower life)

Gorby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit