Rumor: New light comes from outside marketing consultants

by Londo111 80 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Fernando
    Fernando

I have no doubt that many of their postulations are reactive and in response to detractors catching them with their pants down and their minds corrupted.

In the end as Ray Franz observed they merely weave an increasingly tangled web aka a "morass of inconsistencies".

Being materialistic spiritually blind apostates, the GB (Sanhedrin) are not able to walk by spirit and must rely on walking by sight and flesh. Hence they have no access to higher wisdom and need to keep cheating and lying to avoid being unmasked to their followers.

Their end will come.

Corruption is not indefinitely sustainable.

(Maybe consultants are indeed used to help them strategize on packaging and timing of their latest "nu light")

• im stuck in
    im stuck in

Hi londo111 Actually although it seems hard for most to accept, I would not be surprised at all. Several years ago a friend at bethel told me when the layoffs began that they had brought in a witness from the business world that was an efficency expert and he was the one that told them what they had to do. So you see a little is good then more must be better right. Stuck In for 50 years now

• Londo111
    Londo111

The Bethel layoffs almost woke me up. I couldn't understand why the King of God's Kingdom would lay people off from the Spiritual Paradise, especially since Bethel was supposed to be a foregleam of what the 1000 years would be like.

I hope nobody takes the OP as fact...please take it with a grain of salt. I certainly am until I see more proof.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. has always had its own marketing consultants, which were its leading editorial writers .... ie. C Russell,

J Rutherford, F Franz .

Threre no need for outside intervention.

These were the ones who created the commercially advantageous doctrines in the history

of the WTS. and it still works that way today by the organized group of men known as the GB.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

That's very dissapointing, you would expect that nowadays a corporation could survive without any external help whatsoever.

There is also a more sinister aspect to all this crap, I remember lots of instances when a brother or sister would mention how an article in the Witchtower or a talk at a convention seemed written specially for them. Of course the implication would be that it was Jehovah's holy spirit not a controlling psychologist.

How far could they potentially go in this enclosed and controlled environment if they set themselves to manipulate somebody for whatever purpose? Only madness knows.

So basically here we have a multi-million corporation scamming people all around the world, and "not" using any external consultants at all and the US Government believes they are Disney.

And if they actually do use external consultants, who are they? Who could they possibly be if you think about it really?

Here is a bold interpretation of Apocalypsis: what if the misterious Babylon the Great, the Biggest Harlot of the Earth was not a religion but an intelligence agency? If that was the case when they finally fall not only the witnesses but the whole world will rejoice greatly.

I am praying it will be very soon. Hallelujah!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

apostatethunder - "...the US Government believes they are Disney."

Don't be so sure.

I'd be very surprised if the US Gov's various three-letter agencies truly viewed the WTS as benign, particularly since they fast-tracked their plans to move to an upstate semi-rural compound.

Make no mistake; that raised red flags.

Why? Because physical withdrawal from civilization is often one of the first signs that a marginilized fringe group is starting to seriously go off the rails and turn full-on extremist.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am sure they use consultants for various issues - primarily financial and investing and perhaps even marketing. The look and feel of jw.org is one that required brain power not available from within. They may also be using branding consulting.

But I cannot imagine have outsiders tinkering with the new light.

• Londo111
    Londo111

The US Government is very inept at dealing with cults and mind control, or even recognizing them. Look at how Scientology made the IRS its lapdog.

If I were president, I would appoint Steven Hassan to the cabinet level. He would be in charge of dealing with groups such as Al Queda, which after all, is a cult.

• clarity
    clarity

Watchtower organization can change anything now,

and not many even notice. 3 main reasons why ...>

1. Jehovah's witnesses in general, really don't care

what the 'flavour of the day' is! "Even if they are wrong".

2. For the most part, the old timers have died off, or

are soon gone! Ex jws like me, do remember & do

care! They can hardly wait until we all disappear!

3. My grandchildren, who are the recipients of this

newlite ....have no idea about 1914, 1918, 1919,

1975, Beth Sarim/Beth/Shan, drunken Rutherford

who banned all holidays to keep family members

separated etc ....they really have no idea. They

only see the social aspect...instant friends who

are commanded to love you...lots of them!

Service is fun now 'cause you get to be with

your friends ......persecution, tar & feathering,

thrown in jail ...hhhhmm never heard of that!

Oh yeah, they are laughing at us. With every

new trick they pull ...they are laughing!

Because KH witnesses don't care & don't want

to think!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Londo111 - "The US Government is very inept at dealing with cults and mind control, or even recognizing them."

They were, up 'til Waco; since then, they've learned a few things.

One of the main problems was that they couldn't really grasp that many of the leaders of these groups actually sincerely believed in the ideology that they preached.

In the past, they'd proceeded from the assumption that the guys in charge of cults were all shysters who knew they were full of shit and deliberately victimizing their followers (mostly because a lot of the beliefs - when described to outside observers - sounded batshit insane).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit