Rumor: New light comes from outside marketing consultants

by Londo111 80 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sir82
    sir82

Jehovah has to use what he has left from the dwindling anointed

Wait, "dwindling"?

There's more anointed now than at any time since the 80's. The number has increased by least 2 or 3 thousand over the past 5 years.

Oh, you're referring to "genuine" anointed - none of those young guys, like under age 50, like, er...hold on a minute....Sanderson....um.....

Well, I'm certainly looking forward to picking fruit and petting pandas soon, how about you?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Still, Jehovah has to use what he has left from the dwindling anointed"

Translation: even God has to scrape from the bottom of the barrel sometimes.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

It's been four years since this was posted. Does the OP or anyone else have info on outside non JW (or JW) marketing consultants who instituted these changes?

I mean you don't go from the KM of 1999 warning against the internet to Caleb and Sophia videos and monthly Governing Body talks.

Truthseeker

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They want to ask a refund whoever supplied them overlapping generations.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I wasn't the source of this, nor can I confirm any of it...I'm more taking it with a grain of salt and seeing what happens. The similarities of style between Watchtower, Scientology, the LDS do make me wonder.

Even though maybe not doctrinal stuff, I do think there may be some truth to it as far as outside consultants for Watchtower business/administrative issues. For some of this video stuff they do, I do wonder if they may have outsourced some of the work.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Actually there are huge lessons JWs could learn from Mormons, Adventists and others that they have not learnt. Which makes me suspect they are not actively engaged with reflecting on such comparisons with a view to strategy.

Mormons and Adventists have much more effective ways of encouraging and soliciting funds and they are much more savvy in their public relations and engagement with state agencies.

JWs actually appear quite naïve in how they approach “strategy” if you can even call it that. Most of the leadership apparently do genuinely believe they are specially called by Jehovah and that Armageddon will come soon. This has inevitable consequences in terms of formulating effective strategy across the board: whether that be weird stop-gap doctrinal innovations such as the “overlapping generation”; complacent and ineffective responses to scandals such as the Australian Royal Commision; or financial naïveté resulting in financial crisis since 2015.

• pokemon55
    pokemon55

Hi slimboyfat, Could you give me some example that Mormons and Adventists are more savvy that JWs in relation to public relations etc ? I always appreciate your insightful post. Thanks.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

SDA in particular seems to be a far better managed religion, at least in my region. I personally would prefer sbf not to list things the Mormons and SDA’s do better, as I don’t want to see Watchtower get any good ideas.

• pokemon55
    pokemon55

OK, SBF, ignore my last post. Benefiting borg is not a good idea.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    slimboyfat - "JWs actually appear quite naïve in how they approach 'strategy' if you can even call it that. Most of the leadership apparently do genuinely believe they are specially called by Jehovah and that Armageddon will come soon. This has inevitable consequences in terms of formulating effective strategy across the board: whether that be weird stop-gap doctrinal innovations such as the 'overlapping generation'; complacent and ineffective responses to scandals such as the Australian Royal Commision; or financial naïveté resulting in financial crisis since 2015."

Abso-freaking-lutely.

These are exactly the kind of blunders a church leadership would make if and when it's utterly convinced its beliefs are 100% correct.

I often suspect that the Legal Dept. gets massive headaches over it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit