Rumor: New light comes from outside marketing consultants

by Londo111 80 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

In the past new light was always understandings introduced by out side religious scholars, infact most of what the jw's teach as doctrine was not original but came from other Christian sects. I don't think the gb ever had an original tbought, truly the blind leeding the blind.

• galaxie
    galaxie

The NEW LIGHT is getting soooooo bright its blinding,..HELP wheres, my ray bans before I cant see ANYTHING AT ALL !!!!!

• metatron
    metatron

There are much older threads on this site in regard to the Society bringing in outside experts (brothers) to advise them - in printing and graphics, for example.

The Society's behavior is nothing mysterious if you are familiar with College Business textbooks. It's called "senescence marketing" and it applies to old businesses that are fading away - things such as "Ovaltine" or "Burma Shave".

You cut workers and liquidate everything possible while allowing the 'brand' to continue until it runs out.

They can hire all the con-sultants they wish. It doesn't change their situation.

metatron

• hoser
    hoser

You cut workers and liquidate everything possible while allowing the 'brand' to continue until it runs out.

and then you sell the brand.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Yes, Londo, 1919 is the KingPin!

They definitely would need a distraction, for a few.....

When I brought up 1914 as "possibly" not being "the date," my very smart cousin did not get the connection between 1914 & 1919! She only said "Well, if Jehovah wants to wait longer, so more people can get the truth, that's ok with me, that's great, nobody knows the day or the hour."

However,if Jehovah's Witnesses want to keep the "Revelation 11:3" description of the "two witnesses" (as they claim to be the beginning of the FDS) (wait, is it the GB) (hmmmm....?) ..... then they MUST keep 1914 as the beginning of Christ's reign...

*** dp chap. 17 p. 296 par. 18 Identifying True Worshipers in the Time of the End ***

The prophecy is quite explicit as to when the 1,260 days would end—when there is "a finishing of the dashing of the power of the holy people to pieces." In the middle of 1918, leading members of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, including its president, J. F. Rutherford, were convicted on false charges, sentenced to long terms of confinement, and imprisoned. God’s holy ones did indeed see their work ‘dashed to pieces,’ their power broken. Counting back three and a half years from mid-1918 brings us to the end of 1914. At that time the little band of anointed ones were bracing themselves for the onslaught of persecution

*** hs chap. 8 pp. 143-144 par. 13 "Spirit of Life from God Entered into Them"

For a shorttime, like three and a half days, the organization of these proclaimers of Bible prophecies and witnesses to God’s established kingdom were in public disgrace. The people who had been tormented by the preaching of Bible truths rejoiced over the suppression of the Kingdom witnesses. From Christendom’s viewpoint, the organization of the witnesses was ‘dead.’ But had the spirit of God been killed, put to death? It had not proved to be dead when the body of the impaled Jesus Christ lay dead in the tomb for parts of three days. So, nineteen centuries later, it did not prove to be ‘dead’ after the organization of the Kingdom witnesses had lain dead "for three and a half days," relatively speaking.

15 Surprisingly, late in March of 1919, the officers of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society and their fellow prisoners were released on bail and went to work. Jesus’ prophecy in Matthew 24:14 got renewed attention.

** re chap. 27 p. 184 par. 26 God’s Kingdom Is Born! ***

26 How long did this respite for the seed of God’s woman last? Revelation 12:6 says 1,260 days. Revelation 12:14 calls the period a time, times, and half a time; in other words, three and a half times. In fact, both expressions stand for three and a half years, extending in the Northern Hemisphere from the spring of 1919 to the autumn of 1922. This was a period of refreshing recuperation and reorganization for the restored John class.

** re chap. 22 p. 146 par. 14 The First Woe—Locusts ***

But in 1919 they already had a royal appearance. They were brothers of the King, and their heavenly crowns were reserved for them provided they continued faithful to the end.—2 Timothy 4:8; 1 Peter 5:4.

** re chap. 25 p. 169 Reviving the Two Witnesses ***Raised Again!

These two prophecies, in Ezekiel and in Revelation, had their striking modern-day fulfillment in 1919, when Jehovah restored his “deceased” witnesses to vibrant life.

** re chap. 27 p. 184 par. 25 God’s Kingdom Is Born! ***

Similarly, starting in 1919, Jehovah brought forth the seed of the woman as a spiritual nation. This is not to be confused with the Messianic Kingdom that has been ruling from the heavens since 1914. Rather, this new nation is made up of the remnant of anointed witnesses on earth, who were brought into a glorious spiritual estate in 1919.

These 'very solid reasons' for believing 'you have the truth' are slowly, deliberately, very cleverly, being deleted.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm sure these old delusional men on the Governing Body who are collectively stuck in a pipe dream about the Corporation they are CEOs of, thinking it is God's earthly organization! These guys are not equipped to make good financial decisions in this state of Narcistic euphoria, and wishful thinking, they need someone in touch with reality to give them pointers, thus hireing a confidencial & reputable business consultant seems prudent due to the financial strains that come from operating a End of the World mind control cult with an expiration date of unfullfilled hopes and dreams about God's Chariot swinging low to rescue them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27pqfxJJb54

The Governing Body are in big trouble as CEOs of the WT corporation/God's Org. they have made bad and foolish business models based on the delusion they are "special" and that their thought are Jehovah's thoughts, almighty and omnipotent. The business plans of these old guys are terrible and they know it so the next best thing is hire some profesionals that know what they are doing and save God's Organization from ecconomic collapse.

I'm sure the consultants have told them to dump the printing business, modernize and use the internet more. They probably got a warning on fraud too about contribution boxes with labels for certain funds and the use of this for other things.

Expect changes as these old dyed in the wool beleivers try to embrace the information age and rescue their pipe dreaming delusion from finacial collapse.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The financial adjustments definitely have the stamp of financial advisors all over it.

The children's materials and videos, externally produced by marketers who know how to produce for children. The animators - possibly bellecour? http://vimeo.com/bellecour3d

The thinner magazine, primped website, updated logo, storefronts and carts, all improvements over door-to-door work.

1914 and the FDS? I can't see external consultants providing much direction there.

• baltar447
    baltar447

There's a 5 man committee that the borg flys from different bethels in different countries a few times a year and they are the ones behind the financial changes and they have the GB's ear. The idea about the new Kingdom Hall construction funding came from this committee. The main accounting office in Brooklyn has had some lazy habits develop over the years that the GB got wind of, and this was one of several reasons they formed this committee. None of the GB are on this committee.

• RetroTherapy
    RetroTherapy

i think this is wishful thinking, would make a lovely story however all signs point to just theory on this one and not a very good one at that.

• Bella15
    Bella15

When you visit the Watchtower Corporations you will see they have a marketing dpt, public relations dpt, etc. Something that caught my attention was a CLIO award in their marketing department.

It is a CORPORATION people!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit