Rumor: New light comes from outside marketing consultants

by Londo111 80 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Londo111
    Londo111

I will start to give credence to this story if 2017 approaches and the blood doctrine is amended. And IF 1914 soon follows, then it would mean we are not merely dealing with ‘captives of a concept’, but a deliberate scam.

That would raise a further question whether Ray Franz only had a very small piece of the puzzle and not the whole picture, or whether the nature of the Watchtower changed in the years after his departure.

• steve2
    steve2

You welcomed poking holes in the source of the rumor. I won't so much poke holes as steer a luxury liner through it: Hearing something third or fourth hand is akin to hearing it from a street sweeper. Come on admit it Londo111, these integrated speculations were sourced higgledy-piggedly from your own thoughts. Now that I could bear and have no inclination to dent.

• Londo111
    Londo111

The OP isn't my thoughts or speculations...I would definitely say so. In fact, I sat on this for six months because I thought it was really out there. But I figured I'd throw it out there just in case, especially in light of the stream of recent changes. I can in no way factcheck or verify my source, or his source, or his source (the alleged person in Legal), or even if the guy in Legal just made it up out of whole cloth.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

It wouldn't matter if they changed 1919 either....the blinders aren't coming off so the sheep will keep blindly following no matter what.

As most don't follow doctrine, 1919 is just another date from some oral review they didn't even attend.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Londo said:

I’ve a very difficult time accepting the story myself. How would they break with 1914 without breaking with the all important 1919? I can’t see it being done.

If they can make JW's believe that Abel was the frist JW. Then 1914,1919, etc are easy to change.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

i believe its very easy for the GB or anyone of the upper echilon to rationalize and justify using psychologists or consultants to assist in phasing in change.

The GB can easily dismiss away any issues under the premise "if its good for the organization, then its what Jehovah wants"

For a long time I would not believe this. But the reality is, the way these changes are phased in, the virtual "cat and mouse" between new light in response to factual evidence, the intelligence behind the wording, the cushioning of the psycholigical impact, etc of new light is far more advanced than the minds of any GB member could ever dream up.

the GB are looking for a "response" to the current needs of the Org. No matter what that response is, "if its good for the Org, then it must be the right thing to do"

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Doubt it. As deluded as the GB is, even they know this would be too much a risk. The idea that they are receiving new light from Jehoober is really what keeps this house of cards together. To have something like this become known in bethel, and eventually outside, would be a disaster.

• trujw
    trujw

I try to read old watchtowers and this wouldn't be the first time. I mean 1799, 1874, 1878, 1918, 1925 Beth sarim. I think like many billionaires and rock stars they really believe. As Raymond Franz said they are followers of followers. It's like a real estate agent not selling a house at the top of the market in 2006. His family and career depend on his keeping the faith. Who is more in an ivory tower than the magnificent 7. Even if they have doubts who is the first to live in a mobile home like Raymond with nothing. Lose all your fans and all your friends. Possible thousands of angry witnesses. They are company men. How many CEO tell the tell about all the secrets of a Corporation that is paying for there lifestyle. Sorry they are just 7 in long line of millions. To add CEO have millions if a GB rocks the boat they are homeless.

• Londo111
    Londo111

That is to say if the GB 2.0 is in charge at all, or as some say, are merely figureheads. Gary Buss used to assert on this forum that the GB is merely a “Judas Goat”.

Even if the allegations in the opening post are smoke, BluePill2 has related how much corruption is going on the branch level and beyond especially with regard the money.

• trujw
    trujw

London I hope you are right but what can they gain by being honest. Nothing so why tell the truth. I see it everyday in real estate. Even if someone else is in charge what would it do? Not saying they think they are untruthful but as was brought out at the Walsh trial unity at all cost cost they are gods chosen. To admit otherwise is to be on the street with nothing along with your wife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit