JW Witnessing Trolleys. To approach or ignore what is your preference and why?

by KateWild 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I dont think I want to go there, confrontation is not my thing. But I got approached while eating a hamburger in my car, really, I don't eat fast food very often, I was having a moment with my hamburger, it ticked me off, I did a full on reverse apostate witness.

If I thought they were actually convincing anyone to read that crap I guess I would think about sitting there with my own trolley full of copies of crisis of conscience, Combating cult mind control, etc. We will see if this latest gimmick bears fruit. I can see why the dubs would like it, they just have to sit there, no effort on their part.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I have seen 3 stands.. none of them have Bibles Displayed or available : (

Ecc 12:12 - " My son, beware of anything beyond these. Of making many books there is no end..."

Yup - the lack of bibles is because the instruction is not to have bibles on display. Only if someone asks for specifically should they be given on.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Definitely what cofty said. I'll have to think of what to say. It's great because they can't walk away.

I saw a stand for the first time myself yesterday while at lunch. I driving past the shopping mall where we had lunch, and there were 2 older seesters on the street sidewalk, positioned at the traffic light at the driveway entrance. I would say very little foot traffic, most would be walking on the mall property not on the external street. They looked really jazzed to be there.

I was wondering, what to loyal active JW's think of this "arrangement?" Can anyone get a cart and get "their time in?"

• cantleave
    cantleave

I have seen these stands all over the place, the novelty of me being photographed with the dubs on them has worn off.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Sometimes I like to approach and ask them questions about and quote some of the stuff from their publications from more than 10 years ago, I like to hear what some of them say, which is usually quite idiotic and I leave wondering if they really buy in to the bull crap in their hearts but are just putting on a show

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

I guess if I ever walked past one I would stop and check out the literature. See if anyone is willing to approach me. Maybe play look around and spot the dub it belongs to. If they did approach to talk, maybe shame them for "preaching" this way, then mention all the crazy changes in doctrine, and finally that I use to be a JW elder but now I think it is a cult.

• steve2
    steve2

They position themselves in one of the main walk ways to our local Saturday vegetable, fruit and produce market - but they do not stand out at all. I have yet to see any passersby stop let alone even look as they walk past.

Indeed, for the bulk of the time, the one or two witnesses who staff the literature carts sit back from everyone else, twiddling their thumbs or scrolling through their ipads. No attempt to even catch people's attention. Oh, that's effective. Not.

Now, if these carts are an attempt to modernize the JW image and approach, it sure ain't working locally. People at the market would have no idea who the cart belongs to. The JWs may think they're providing a vital service in their local communities by plonking themselves down on foldable chairs and watching the locals stroll by but the Witnesses remote dispositions and passive approach remain deafeningly inconspicuous. A mouse snivelling along the ground would be more noticeable.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Heaven: "I think they haven't arrived in full force in Canada yet."

Well, maybe not full force, but they were parked across the street from a Toronto sex toy shop last October.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/social/humour/265399/1/Perfect-spot-for-street-preaching

om

• steve2
    steve2

I have always wanted to ask them awkward questions like, When instructions for washing a favorite garment give contradictory directions, which ones do you follow? My sweater label clearly states "Cold wash only" but features a symbol indicating it can take up to 30° celsius.The last time I tried to corner them on this, they simply closed their bag and turned on their heels. I shouted, "If you're so sure you know all about laundering your faith, what's to fear from staying and discussing other ways to clean your whites?" Go figure.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Watchtower trollys, ...my last exsperience was sitting eating a kebab and watching the J.Ws defend the doctines..( i think they get attacked from all sorts everyday...ex- witnesses are the last of there problems)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit