JW Witnessing Trolleys. To approach or ignore what is your preference and why?

by KateWild 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

i like to go and get as many teaching books as i can and throw them in the trash can

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Ignore, apart from once taking a pic of them at a Christmas market.

I don't see any point in confronting. That would just reinforce all they've been told about ex's.

The only time I've had a meaningful conversation with JW's was when I didn't admit to being an ex, just told them that my parents had lost everything in the build up to 1975. That gets them going a bit. I did cheat about my brother being disfellowshipped when I told them that they'd split my family apart by not speaking to him. I just let them think that I was a never been.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If I ever see one again, I will most likely talk with them. I would never be disrespectful to the JW's as individuals, but would hope to do as you said Kate, leave them something to think about.

The only one I have ever seen was being manned by an old Pioneer guy that I have great affection for, but I did not approach him at that time, as in a previous conversation he had almost broken down in tears as I showed him his faith was useless, I would not do that to him again, he may as well spend his last year or two as a JW.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I always ignore them.

I've seen them several times, standing alone.

I don't waste my time or energy on them.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Perhaps it's my shyness, but I generally don't approach strangers and speak with them if I don't have to. Maybe a few years ago, but it's been years since I did door-to-door, street work, parking lots, phones...I'm out of practice in confronting strangers and telling them why they are wrong about something or another like I did when I was a JW.

I saw a cart in front of DMV last month...I said hello as I passed by, conducted my business inside, and then went to work. I didn't have much time to spare on them. Maybe one day I'll have the time and the mood will strike me and I will give them some food for thought.

• steve2
    steve2

I said hello as I passed by, conducted my business inside, and then went to work. I didn't have much time to spare on them. Maybe one day I'll have the time and the mood will strike me and I will give them some food for thought.

Good thoughts Londo.

I am super self-conscious about coming across as "targeting" them because once JWs conclude you are doing so, there is absolutely no chance of a meaningful exchange. I've seen some truly awful youtube videos where individuals - usually grown men - approach the JWs at their carts and film them whilst attempting to engage them in an exchange.

That seems the height of disrespect - and virtually dooms any likelihood of a helpful exchange.

There is one man who has targeted the JWs in England. He has relentlessly pursued the JWs with his iphone yet, interestingly, never includes himself in the video - except of course his voiceover.

He has no qualms about targeting young JWs who are clearly completely out of their depth. But he may be doing them a favour - now that they have got to know him, they have become more assertive in their responses when he attempts to film and engage them. Without meaning to, he is coaching them on how to say, "No" and mean it.

He comes across as lacking in empathy and perhaps more than a little on the possessed side.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I would approach if there was one by me.

I would first ask if they are bible people. Of course they will say yes cause they are FDA's.

I would tell them I'm a man of science. Then I would tell them that I know who invented frozen vegetables.

They would be like, "Huh?"

I would tell them to read Genesis chapter one. God made green vegetation one creative day before the sun.

Then I would tell them I do believe in Jesus even though I also believe in science. I would ask if they believe that Jesus is their personal mediator?

They will say yes cause they don't know their own doctrine. (I have quote on my phone)

Then I would read 1 Timothy 2:5,6 and show them that the word "mankind" in verse 5 refers to all people not just their anointed followers.

I would probably finish up with maybe Proverbs 4:18 and show them they make their God to be a liar by saying he progressively reveals "truth" (ahem)

• Absolutesbeginners
    Absolutesbeginners

No time to lose

No time to argue about a "talking snake" or the "wash- to- wear busine$$.."

Just a nice smile passing by . thats me .

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

They are in a strange jail . the key for the exit door is inside their pocket !!

Some turn it at 20 yo , some turn it at 65 yo and some ...never find they have a pocket and a key inside...

And this jail have a very special door too ....the lock is ONLY INSIDE ...you CANT open it from outside ..... ( i tried very hard . i broke my "apostates fingers" )

Good luck to all !! inside, outside ...or turning the key now....with a shaking hand....

Ps : Btw .. they have internet in this jw.jail ...no ? yes ! ( i can hear many keys turning now , and even more in a close future ....GOOD ! )

• cantleave
    cantleave

I ignore them now, I have a life to lead.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Ignore, I would hate to wake them or disrupt them on their Smartphones!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit