JW Witnessing Trolleys. To approach or ignore what is your preference and why?

by KateWild 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Since becoming inactive I've realized that it is not my job to judge others - that is what we did as Jehovah's Witnesses. I've also learned how nice it is to be peaceable with and accepting of others. Aggression only confirms negative bias about JW's who have chosen to leave (or not return).

Respect is a quality that is not encouraged in the Organization. Obedience is.

Live and let live. To each his own.

ginger

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I haven't approached one of these. And I'm an active (kind of) Witness...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have never seen one in real life, just Pics on here. I avoid large towns if possible.

I think I would simply ignore it if I saw one, I certainly think it is better that they waste their time this way, and are not wasting other people's time by knocking on the door, so I wouldn't want to discourage them.

I may talk to the JW's skulking nearby if I knew them, but simply to plant a seed, perhaps by intimating how pointless Trolley Touting is.

• Thumblina
    Thumblina

I've seen them several times in both large towns and small villages as well as agricultural fares. To me it seems like cheating, far easier to sit on ur bum for a few hours and have people approach u rather than go to random strangers doors!! I wonder who gets to have that easy preaching option, probs the elders...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I would approach and present an ficticious illustration, just like Jesus would do. Illustrations and examples make people think. Just NEVER use JW terms or their cult-think will take over and you will NEVER be listened to again. You could say:

KW: Now..who are you with?!?

DUBS: JWs !!!

KW: Oh? I have a friend who was fired from your church, but his reasons didn't make any sense. [ watch and see if they respond ] He said that he was fired for not believing the same thing as everyone else. Does? That happen??

DUBS: Blah, blah, JW.Borg, blabbity blab...

KW: The wierd things is...He was right about what he said. There some big announcement at a "special conference" [ ??? acting confused is key ] or something. They announced all the things that he said 6 months earlier..all the things they fired him for saying. He said the that your church used to teach that not all Christians were ...[ you search for the word] domestics. Yeah, domestics, but he told your clergy that ALL Christians were domestics. Then he said that no humans were over Christs possessions yet. Then there was something about the Apostles... Oh yeah, He said that they were not part of a faithful stewart class because the church doctrine was wrong. He got fired for saying all that. and then it turns out that he was right all along.

DUBS: ????????????? [ Stupified silence]

KW: Anyway, I just wanted some new leaflet that says your beliefs. It's not that I don't believe my friend, I just check ALL the facts. There is a lot of misleading propaganda out there. ESPECIALLY in religions. They all have Billions, but always want more money, you know what I'm saying. Bye.

That's what I would do if I had the luxury of being a "stranger." Don't go all ape-shit and foam at the mouth. That simple moves them to another location, it's a quick fix. Do something more permanent. Just make sure not to hit the same group with the same " illustration."

DD

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I wish that the WTBTS would set up a cart near me. I would approach the cart and talk with the JWs, espeicially when JWs are talking to a non-JW. I would ask a few simple questions to plant seeds of doubt in them and the non-JW, as well as overcome WTBTS's thought-stopping platitudes.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

KateWild: Before I was D.F.ed I enjoyed talking with the witnesses at their tables. Not really the carts, but tables in front of the DMV, supermarket, and in the mall. It is predictable when they are going to be in these locations. Bringing up the subjects like: "who are the two witnesses" in Rev. 11:3? "How long is a creative day?" "Did you ever hear that each creative day was 7,000 years long?" My approach was not to debate, but more like collecting the different answers given. I rather enjoyed the hunt.

Now that I am an "APOSTATE" I really do not know what I am going to do when the opportunity arises. The other day we were working in a neighborhood doing construction. On that day we had poured concrete that needed our undivided attention. So when the two witnesses were in the neighborhood we had to pass up the opportunity to speak with them.

I will have to let you know what the future brings.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

These Watchtower trolley carts are a shame and a discrace for what the JW preaching of the good news of the Kingdom use to stand for. This has nothing to do with true religion or true worship of God. It's all about JW dopes setting these carts up in order to count easy time pleasing a time counting religious corporation cult.

JW's sit so far away from these cart things that most people don't even know the JW is there watching like a hidden trapper waiting to trap them into this Watchtower cult crap. If you can set up many feet away from these carts and count time, why can't the JW's chain them down and go do something constructive with there llves while they are counting serve-us time?

The whole JW religion is absolutely ridiculous. Anyone lurkering that is on the fence.....please do yourself and your family a favor and get out as soon as possible.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Avoid. Like the preverbial plague.

• cofty
    cofty

if you have time always approach them and ask some awkward questions. I have made a"return visit" on the trolley in my town now. Will post about it later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit