JW Witnessing Trolleys. To approach or ignore what is your preference and why?

by KateWild 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• 4thgen
    4thgen

I have had my fill. Yes to each his own. I would not stop unless I knew the person at the trolley. Then I would stop to be kind and say hello (chin held high) I would make a comment about how things have changed; I would ask them casually where their Bibles are. After their answer I'd say "really? Wow." and be on my way.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Upon a closer look......nothing about that trolley cart says Watchtower. The JW religion is so embarrassed of itself that they resort to tricking people into thinking it's just another "Christian" group giving away bible literature.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks so much for your responses, ans experiences. At the moment it's cathertic for me to approach them when I can. I want the local JWs that I will not adhere to shunning rules, and talk to them on stands.

I saw the CBOE's wife in the supermarket, I looked her in the eye and said "Hi XXX How are you?" She looked straight back at me and ignored me. That's her perogative, but if she was standing at a trolley it would be impossible for them to ignore me as it is situated in a place where there are lots of pedestrians. I will always be civil and just tell them why I have left, and try and plant seeds.

Kate xx

• tinker
    tinker

I was recently traveling, on vacation in Costa Rica. In La Foutuna, very small town in North Central CR I saw The Trolly! I had read here on JWN about the trolly but never seen it in WA State or anywhere in the US. All the literature was in Spanish and the two Jdubs attending were just as most you discribe, just chatting between themselves. It was a busy Town Square and no one approached them the whole time we were walking about taking pictures of the foutain and scupltures there. I was a little flustered by their presence so did not think to take a picture, sorry.

• bigmac
    bigmac

i'm all for it---its a win-win situation.

for the dubs---no door knocking--no need to talk to anyone--just keep an eye on the stand in case anyone steals it--or urinates on it.

for the public--no annoying door knockers---just walk past the stand--ignore it--and no-one will pester you.

everyones a winner !

• Thaddeus
    Thaddeus

On June 10th 2016, I was having a great conversation with two JW sisters and the husband of one of the women. After the women went for a break, another JW approached me and suggested I contact JW.org or seek a Bible study in my own area if I was looking for answers. He said that the policy, on the street was that they didn't have to answer any questions but just tell people where to go for further information. This took place in Bristol, England, UK.

I've never had any JW do this before. Is this now the new standard for street evangelism for JWs???

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Thaddeus, if I had a pound for every time they say this on the cart to me? I respond that the funny thing is jwdotorg mentions nothing about the ARC/United Nations membership etc, keep on grilling them it cant hurt!

• freddo
    freddo

Hi Thaddeus thanks for posting.

They will run away when the questioning gets tough even if polite. Google "jehovahs witnesses run away bristol" and the trolley shown in the first two clips are from I believe Bristol England.

• cofty
    cofty
    They will run away when the questioning gets tough even if polite.

My current tally is six.

That's six occasions, probably 10 JWs

• freddo
    freddo

Way to go Cofty!

Keep telling us about each one - interchange of encouragement and all that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit