JW Witnessing Trolleys. To approach or ignore what is your preference and why?

by KateWild 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• KateWild
    KateWild

I saw two brothers this morning next to the main train station in Liverpool city centre this morning. They were not actively approaching anyone. What I found strange was that they were from a cong that has different territory, so I don't know why they were there.

Anyway I knew them both, and they know I was Df'd, I was in my car and couldn't park up for a chat, but I did beep and wave to them as I drove passed and they waved back. If I was on foot I would have approached them and told them why I had left and why I don't want to get RI'd. It woould have given them something to think about. One is a elder, who has loads of priviledges and kids get away with murder. The other is a brother who keeps getting held back and who's son has left, and SIL has left. Maybe I caould have planted some seeds of doubt.

Even though I am Df'd I care about them and their families a lot, and they would not have been able to avoid the conversation and actively shun me in public as the street was busy. I don't want to adhere to WT rules of shunning and want to be aknowleged as a human being.

My daughter is the opposite. She avoids and ignores them at all costs, unless they approach her and she politely and briefly says she doesn't go anymore. She has cut ties with WT and just wants to move forward and keep her business private. She has faded so she can speak to whomever she wishes, but she would rather avoid them at all costs. We are all different. I am resolved not to make any type of contact with JWs when I am with my daughter as I don't want to cause her any stress.

To approach or ignore what is your preference and why?

Kate xx

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

I have yet to see one of these, but I hope I will have the opportunity to approach them. My situation is completely different, but I would ask questions and plant seeds, in an attempt to help them think critically for themselves.

• krejames
    krejames

If I don't know them and if I have the time I'm inclined to approach without letting on I'm a witness and ask thought provoking questions.

• apostate tizzy
    apostate tizzy

Hi all i saw one of these trolleys in picadilly gardens in manchester this morning, i was about to approach with a rehearsed line of " hey arnt yiu the people who dont believe in Jesus ? Hoping i may draw them on the mediator issue, as I am positive 99% of dubs would argue that Jesus is the mediator for all mankind. Hopefully get them to back this up with scripture, then ask them to show me their reasoning book, and totally trip them up.

but. As i approached i noticed all the lieteriture was in a foreign language and the people manning the stand were discussing something with someone, again in a foreign language.

i thought that maybe i would give myself away too easily if i approached speaking English.

So my approach will have to wait till another day.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

I'm in close proximity to a stand, once every Week.. No exaggeration, in 6 Months I have not seen ONE person approach the Stand or engage in conversation with the Publishers..

It's so bad that the 2-3 Publishers usually sit about 40 Feet Away from the stand under some shade trees, just talking and laughing..

Approaching them would at least break up their boredom.

• Heaven
    Heaven

FW said: I have yet to see one of these,

Same here FW. I think they haven't arrived in full force in Canada yet.

As far as approaching them, depends on my mood and how much time I have on my hands. I really have enough stress in my life without going to any lengths bringing more into it so I'd probably just keep on truckin'.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

I'm in close proximity to a stand, once every Week.. No exaggeration, in 6 Months I have not seen ONE person approach the Stand or engage in conversation with the Publishers..

It's so bad that the 2-3 Publishers usually sit about 40 Feet Away from the stand under some shade trees, just talking and laughing..

Approaching them would at least break up their boredom.

• Ding
    Ding

If I wasn't in a hurry to get somewhere else, I would approach them.

If nothing else, it might distract them from drawing some uninformed person into the borg.

I haven't seen one of those trolleys, though.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

http://youtu.be/b3i60Hdps-E

I have seen 3 stands.. none of them have Bibles Displayed or available : (

Ecc 12:12 - " My son, beware of anything beyond these. Of making many books there is no end..."

• clarity
    clarity

Omg I am 'praying' to bump into one of these!

Saw one in the city as I drove past, but couldn't

find a parking spot. It wasn't a standard trolley,

just some old jw on a 4 wheel scooter that he

had rigged with a little rack for magazines.

He was sitting on it ....parked on the sidewalk! lol

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit