OK..Seriously..Has GOD ever answered your prayers????

by DATA-DOG 127 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes, God has answered prayer many times in my life.

Here is another example.

As a teacher with a young family living in the suburbs of Montreal, I would only be paid for 10 months of the year. One summer in particular, I was just about broke at the end of June and I knew I would not have enough to cover my August mortgage payment. My wife stayed at home with the children so there was no help there. I remember sitting in my old 1982 Toyota van in front of our home, looking at our old delapidated leaking shed which was visible road...and praying, "Father, I don't have enough to get through the summer. I need $2,000 to cover thge mortgage and get a new shed. Will you have someone send us a check for $2000?" I told no one of my prayer.

Two weeks later we got a letter from my wife's deaf aunt in Ottawa. Yes, you guessed it already.....a check....Exactly $2000.

I knew the check would come before it was mailed. In fact I knew the moment I prayed that it was as good as on the way.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I prayed for God to cover my mortgage. I have to move. Kate xx

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Vanderhoven, please take a minute to think about these stories, I know that I have been..

" As she walked along under the tall elm trees, Diane asked "God" to keep her safe from harm and danger. When she reached the alley, which was a short cut to her house, she decided to take it. However, halfway down the alley she noticed a man standing at the end as though he were waiting for her. She became uneasy and began to pray, asking for God's protection. Instantly a comforting feeling of quietness and security wrapped around her, she felt as though someone was walking with her. When she reached the end of the alley, she walked right past the man and arrived home safety.
    The following day, she read in the paper that a young girl had been raped in the same alley, just twenty minutes after she had been there. Feeling overwhelmed by this tragedy and the fact that it could have been her, she began to weep. Thanking the Lord for her safety.. "

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/rapestop.asp

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

" I had always taken my son to church. I prayed over him every night; I read my bible daily (and knew it well). I believed and trusted god with my own life—and especially with my son’s life, since he was born three months early. I dedicated him to god while they held him nearby the operating table so I could see him before they whisked him off to the neonatal intensive care unit. "..
    " When my son was nine years old, he was raped by his best friend and his best friend’s parents. All together. All in one night. He was drugged, and when he woke up in the middle of being raped, a gun was held to his head. He was told that both he and I would die if he told anyone, or attempted to stop himself from being raped.
    Anyone who allows that to happen to a nine-year-old boy, or who has foreknowledge of such an event and does not stop it, is evil, and deserves no more respect than the actual perpetrators. "

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/johnshore/2012/01/where-was-god-when-my-9-year-old-son-was-drugged-and-raped/

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Before anyone points it out, I know that the first story I posted with 'Diane' is fictional, as the page acknowledges, but the fact that this kind of story is passed on and accepted at all is of interest in itself.

• BU2B
    BU2B

I dont know.. There is a such thing as coincidences.. What about a guy who turns on his bedroom light and the whole city in that moment has a blackout? He is convinced he caused it, but he didnt.. On the other hand, there is power in prayer, that has been proven.. WHat I think i that it soothes the mind because we feel like we are handing our problems over to someone else..

We DO know that there are people who pray and believe their prayers were answered but they werent. What about all the people who were praying for aan answer when JWs knocked at the door.. What about the JWs who prayed to Jehovah to help them make the convention and he gives them a new, better job.. Answerd prayer or coincidence?

My issue with prayer is this. I am struggling having learned TTATT, my wife and parents hardcore JWs and 2 small dughters. I would like to pray but to who? Also I struggle to pray when so many around the world are also praying while they are being tortured, raped, killed, abused, starving, cancer, diseases and so on. My situation PALES IN COMPARISON to those, why should any higher power answer my prayer before he helps those who need it more? I would not want any higher power to do that. If there is a terrible car crash and bodies are strewn all over the road, some dead, some you cannot help, some you can, some with superficial wounds etc. Paramedics are trained to assess the situation and look after who needs it the most first! Why wouldnt a god do the same? Help them before me I say. I feel selfish praying over my situation when so many are in this situation?

Why should god answer my prayers about not getting all of my bills paid, or give a JW chickens in Asia while he has allowed this to happen? Just my 2 cents.

• xchange
    xchange

When I was in and being very sincere about having a relationship with god and praying almost everyday since I was a kid, my ratio of prayers being answered to none was 0:10,803 roughly.

What makes other so special and not me, I have no idea.

People asking god for money and getting it while multiple human lives are extinguished in that moment is a repulsive idea. Beaming with pride that they were so special to get this special treatment from their special god. In that moment, other people were praying for god to change the world, prevent innocent children from dying of starvation, warfare etc. But that person was so special in that moment that god decided to give them money instead.

Seems god has issues with allocating proper resources at the proper time. Maybe he should read that book he wrote to remind himself that he's suppose to be a loving, caring, just father.

If I'm walking down the street with my kid and she wants money to buy candy at the store and at the same time I see someone has been hit by a car and is lying on the street, what should I do. If I'm like god, I ignore the scene entirely and walk merrily into the store and grant my daughters wish.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

GOD blesses the Chicken population of JW's in Myanmar to prove a point. If ONLY everyone would become a JW, the problems of the world would cease. It's not GOD's fault that people don't embrace the JW faith or accept the magazines. The funny thing is, if it's so imporatant to be a JW, why don't the GB use Billboards and Radio broadcasts and Television to reach mankind??

Maybe our Creator expects us to solve our won problems by putting forth effort, instead of out-sourcing our spiritual development? Just imagine what would happen in cities around the globe if the GB said, " Alright. This just in... From now on, we are doing REAL charitable works for everyone, regardless of whether or not they become a JW." Think of all the effort that JWs will expend for the GB. 8 million people actually helping others would do a lot of good. Sadly, they love real estate more than doing anything to actually help people.

DD

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

JW's have killed themselves because they hear other JW's boasting about how they prayed to god for a few $$$ & lo & behold got just what they asked for.........not a cent more, not a cent less. The exact amount.

The distressed JW prays, they implore god to save their child.

But no, their prayers are not answered.

In their grief they start to reason that they must be so worthless in god's eyes. Others pray for money, a new car for the ministry,the strength to give up smoking & tadahhh their prayers are answered. PRAISE BEEEEE!

The bereaved feels sure God must be angry with them, 'I must have committed the unforgiveable sin'

Elders do not have a satisfying answer..........they tell them not to give up attending the meetings, make sure you pre study for the meetings to get the most out of them, do more in the ministry it will bring you joy.....throw your burdens on Jehovah & he WILL care for you. Put the kingdom first in your life.

He /she goes to the KH only to hear more boasting from those inclined to think god continually showers blessings upon them.

Eventually the bereaved became so low suicide seemed the only option to take.....& take it they did.

So the next time you feel like claiming god answers your prayers....................

• piztjw
    piztjw

Of course I had prayers answered!

Why just last night I prayed that today it would be light during the daytime hours...and verily I say unto thee...IT'S LIGHT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit