OK..Seriously..Has GOD ever answered your prayers????

by DATA-DOG 127 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

My earlier post actually neglected to answer the thread's question. The truth is that I did feel as a JW that God was answering my prayers as a youth when I would ask for help avoiding temptations -- for a while. The power of the prayer would soon wear off. I blamed myself for not praying more often and being a more studious, committed Witness, in which case God would keep the holy spirit with me longer. There were long years of guilt and self-doubt over this.

Later on I realized that I had no clear evidence that God was helping me in the first place. It occurred to me that I had probably just been reinforcing in my own mind something that I wanted to work on, like a form of meditation, which briefly boosted my willpower. I cannot prove that God wasn't answering my prayers for short periods of time, however I eventually realized that I would rather base my life on proof and not wishful thinking and guesswork, so I've stopped holding "conversations" with a person who never clearly responded to me.

I never asked for things, or for something concrete like help finding a job. So I never tested whether a prayer could have a specific material outcome.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Twenty years ago, I was helping another congregation in seldom worked territory and I got a phone call that 3 pioneers on my congregation were out in field service. The driver missed a stop sign and a large pickup truck broadsided them and those 3 died instantly.

If angels are helping the ministry, seeing that one is praying for a bible study and directing Witnesses to that one, couldn't one angel just wake up that sister driving as to that stop sign?

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

No.

The minute I realized Satan wasn't real, I asked myself how could I continue thinking god was real. To me, they are a package deal.

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

I don't know if God has. Beginning to feel confusion about the "Truth" I began praying for accurate understanding from the highest source and to rip away any vails on my awareness and thinking and shortly after I discovered ttatt. Was it Divine intervention? Perhaps, but it certainly was not from Jehovah.

I have discarded the notion of coincidence as I have come to observe how synchronicity works out in my life. I do feel asking for help and offering praise and gratitude for the good things in life is good. However, I now have taken back responsibility of how my life turns out and don't expect anyone to save me. I mean how much fun would this game be if every time we got into a hard spot or puzzle someone solved it for us how could we get better, or have the joy and satisfaction of solving it by our own strength? Though I do believe there are all kinds of ways to enjoy life and don't mind asking for hints if it is no longer fun. Our minds are so amazing, life can be as difficult or smooth, explosive or quiet, fast or slow as we desire, visualize, and empower/emotion it to be for us.

Love and peace,

WIT?

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Hi Vander will you pray for me to be made 'straight' please?

I've prayed to god all my life for this to happen, even as a small child that didn't understand what it was about me that made me different from other boys.

Maybe you can help out here?

You seem to have unlocked something in god that makes him do things for you.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Do you think it will be instaneous........like poof & I'm straight?

• Laika
    Laika

Heartofaboy

Would you really want that prayer to be answered? How about asking for an end to bigotry and accepting yourself for who you are?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Lakia, I think HOAB was being facetious. I don't think he really wants anyone to pray for him to be straight. Kate xx

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Awh Laika you are so sweet.......

I did pray to be 'normal' ie 'straight' when I was a JW, but big ole J left me to fend for myself. I can see that plainly now I've put some distance between me & the WT Borg. Now I think he really can't be too concerned about it.

Hi Kate.............did the 'poof & I'm straight' give it away?

Vander just seems to have such a special hotline to god that it really pisses me off...........sorry Van no offence. Just like when a parent favours one child over another there's gonne be some flack.

Hoab

• a watcher
    a watcher

DATA, the fact that God has never answered one of your prayers says more about you than about Him, and it ain't good.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Interesting question! But If God answers all these prayers why does he obviously answers all others religions prayer. I mean that there are millions of Muslims that can swore that they have had their prayers answered. That along with Mormons, Catholics, seventh day Methodist and Pentecostal people believers. Is God Schizophrenia? Or maybe it is the human brother or sister him selves or her selves.

Bugbear

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit